ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Aztecs

Is sad when we get a steal and know 99% that we won’t convert the break. Now we can’t hit free throws either. Can’t do that against a very good team.

Halftime. Aztecs started 2-25 from the field and we only lead by 5? They took our best punch and came right back. Not good for the second half guys.

Honestly, which coach do you trust to make the better half time adjustments? Not good.

Halftime. Aztecs started 2-25 from the field and we only lead by 5? They took our best punch and came right back. Not good for the second half guys.

Honestly, which coach do you trust to make the better half time adjustments? Not good.
Conversely, we took theirs and still maintain a lead... we had our 6 minute lulls that we have but when we're firing like we were early, they didn't have an answer

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Crap, 17 point lead and only up 5 at half? Our offense is way too much dj dribbles 20 seconds off the clock and then someone throws up some junk or coughs it up.

Instead of trying to just get the ball over half court, how bout try to break press quick and get easy shots or fouls?

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Good first half. Toughest 20 minutes is ahead of them though. Have to get stronger with the ball.

On another note, how the hell did this team lose by 32 to AIR FORCE at home? It’s so disappointing that that loss, plus Southern and LMU, is the reason we aren’t talking about seeding in the NCAA tournament at this point.

Conversely, we took theirs and still maintain a lead... we had our 6 minute lulls that we have but when we're firing like we were early, they didn't have an answer
We took their best punch? They shot 2-25 to start the game! That’s a dream scenario where you build a huge lead. We have a 5 point lead and on the wrong side of coaching. Half time adjustments are huge in college basketball. Our players act like they’ve never even prepared for a press before. Scouting report!?

Reactions: butta1231
Crap, 17 point lead and only up 5 at half? Our offense is way too much dj dribbles 20 seconds off the clock and then someone throws up some junk or coughs it up.

Instead of trying to just get the ball over half court, how bout try to break press quick and get easy shots or fouls?
Because despite 6 years of experience Webster still doesn't understand he can't just dribble by guys... and Dedan needs a break every so often. It's no coincidence that they went to the press when he sat for air and got like 8 straight with Webster trying to break the press.

Once again and final time I’ll mention halftime coaching adjustments. We made none and Dutcher adjusted his offense and they are getting WIDE open looks. Kruger is just looking on and has no clue what to do unfortunately. Out of timeouts we either turn it over or take the worst shot.

If there was someone else besides DJ who could score at all 3 levels, this game would be over already. I hope they hold on though!

Every game we lose control at the end with turnovers! It’s unreal how we can’t take care of the ball. If we win it’s going to be luck and DJ magic.

Once again and final time I’ll mention halftime coaching adjustments. We made none and Dutcher adjusted his offense and they are getting WIDE open looks. Kruger is just looking on and has no clue what to do unfortunately. Out of timeouts we either turn it over or take the worst shot.
They made enough of an adjustment at the end that they won!

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
They made enough of an adjustment at the end that they won!
I’m ecstatic that we won no doubt. But if you think clear it out for one player is an offense adjustment then I don’t know what to say. It was patchwork but it worked against a very good team.

I’m ecstatic that we won no doubt. But if you think clear it out for one player is an offense adjustment then I don’t know what to say. It was patchwork but it worked against a very good team.
What was the great adjustment of the SDSU coach? Toss it up every time from outside? SDSU took 33 three point shots.

Dj hit the huge shot, but his missed ft's and laziness to get himself open when people were trying to pass to him almost lost the game.

What was the great adjustment of the SDSU coach? Toss it up every time from outside?
I won’t even get into the x and o’s with you. If you think the rebels offense looked good I don’t know what to say. Aztecs won the second half and if they didn’t shoot 2-25 to start we lose. Thankfully we won.

But you’re right, Kevin is a better coach than the NCAA runner up last year. 😆

I won’t even get into the x and o’s with you. If you think the rebels offense looked good I don’t know what to say. Aztecs won the second half and if they didn’t shoot 2-25 to start we lose. Thankfully we won.

You are the one that made a big deal of his great adjustments. There is a reason a teams shoots like crap, and that is called defense.

Reactions: Babalouie
Dj hit the huge shot, but his missed ft's and laziness to get himself open when people were trying to pass to him almost lost the game.
He was probably exhausted because of the minutes and defense. If he wasn’t on the court we had no control of the ball against that D.

Reactions: saulpaul21

One of the top D’s in the entire country, 95% of the teams they face look like that on offense you stupid ass. This has nothing to do with Kruger. Let me guess Few is clueless as well? Zags had one of the fewest offenses outputs of the season vs the Aztecs

What was the great adjustment of the SDSU coach? Toss it up every time from outside? SDSU took 33 three point shots.
I think the adjustment was defensive, not offensive... we did to them what they do to others... take away inside play, force bad shots, chase boards... we forced Ledee into bad spots and basically play from the line, got in his head, and made them chase

Reactions: Babalouie
KRUGER IN!

Dedan Thomas Jr is turning into a stud! I was worried about him earlier at the beginning of the season but he has really proved me wrong.

So I get technically USU will have the half game lead over us, but if the Lobos can beat them and we Beat Reno we will be Co-Regular season Champs...

I think the adjustment was defensive, not offensive... we did to them what they do to others... take away inside play, force bad shots, chase boards... we forced Ledee into bad spots and basically play from the line, got in his head, and made them chase
I mentioned that myself. UNLV is not a good offensive team, but they are a good defensive team.

So I get technically USU will have the half game lead over us, but if the Lobos can beat them and we Beat Reno we will be Co-Regular season Champs...
Because of that stupid USU loss at home, Utah State would need to lose both games, and UNLV would of course need to beat a good unr team in Hicksville in order for UNLV to be the #1 seed. Either way, this is the best in conference record for UNLV since Kruger senior.

Because of that stupid USU loss at home, Utah State would need to lose both games, and UNLV would of course need to beat a good unr team in Hicksville in order for UNLV to be the #1 seed. Either way, this is the best in conference record for UNLV since Kruger senior.
#2 seed might work out better 4 us.

And if we did not get USU game stolen from us, and failed to close game vs UNR, last night's game would have clinched regular season title.

Reactions: the Florian Trout