ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Aztecs

This is the first real meaningful opportunity for this team. They’ve had chance to claw back, they did, they slipped, they clawed back more and more. And now they are finally in a position to take advantage of it after having to have felt just awful about themselves early on.

We haven’t played well lately even with the wins.

I thought aside from a bad start against SDSU in Veijas, they battled very well - and no, SDSU did not take the foot off the gas, we fought well after the terrible start.

But they’ve got our number and have had our number. Even so, by SDSU standards (even before last season), this isn’t one of SDSU’s strong teams. They’re very ordinary will a good defense but even that isn’t the level they’re used to. I think Ledee is overrated and I think DJ will step it up and have one of his most effective games (maybe not by points/assists, but by game management, I think SDSU will sell out in trying to diffuse him at point of attack and he will respond well and the rest will hit some shots). We will seal it at the FT line.

UNLV 71
SDSU 69

Rock fight or we loose by 10+... if we can't shoot our way out of their stuffed paint look, it'll be just like on the road..

Need a solid game from DJ, Boone to make the pass out of the double (or triple) team rather than forcing up a shot, Whaley to be Whaley, shoot at least 35% from 3, team rebounding, and bring the defense that the team has played over the last month, and then hit 90% of free-throws in final 5 min.
Seems like a lot but the team has been doing most of these things. Plus SDSU is very beatable. Yes they’re in our heads a bit but tomorrow the team takes care of business… just hope the refs don’t decide it for us.
Free throws and a key defensive stop at the end seal it for us, 68-63 Rebs.

This is the first real meaningful opportunity for this team. They’ve had chance to claw back, they did, they slipped, they clawed back more and more. And now they are finally in a position to take advantage of it after having to have felt just awful about themselves early on.

We haven’t played well lately even with the wins.

I thought aside from a bad start against SDSU in Veijas, they battled very well - and no, SDSU did not take the foot off the gas, we fought well after the terrible start.

But they’ve got our number and have had our number. Even so, by SDSU standards (even before last season), this isn’t one of SDSU’s strong teams. They’re very ordinary will a good defense but even that isn’t the level they’re used to. I think Ledee is overrated and I think DJ will step it up and have one of his most effective games (maybe not by points/assists, but by game management, I think SDSU will sell out in trying to diffuse him at point of attack and he will respond well and the rest will hit some shots). We will seal it at the FT line.

UNLV 71
SDSU 69
Agree that losing Johnson to Arizona killed this team. They have a great 6th man who can really hurt us. Butler is great in the clutch. We cannot have a 12 minute delay to start the game. 8 or so points after 12 minutes and we will be down 18. This couild go a long way in changing my mind. I can't see KK staying because the bench has gotten weaker, the poor fundamentals on the jump shot scream for correction. Millions of films on how to shoot a jumper and our bigs and smalls throw it up with the ball barely above their nose.

Need a solid game from DJ, Boone to make the pass out of the double (or triple) team rather than forcing up a shot, Whaley to be Whaley, shoot at least 35% from 3, team rebounding, and bring the defense that the team has played over the last month, and then hit 90% of free-throws in final 5 min.
Seems like a lot but the team has been doing most of these things. Plus SDSU is very beatable. Yes they’re in our heads a bit but tomorrow the team takes care of business… just hope the refs don’t decide it for us.
Whaley can't shoot a three. T ihink you mean Webster or Boone need to shoot really well these next two weeks or we are toast. SDSU is very beatable, they are just like USU. Tough but poor shooting team at times.

between unr at their home and SDSU at UNLV, I think the unr game is by far the hardest to win.

Whaley can't shoot a three. T ihink you mean Webster or Boone need to shoot really well these next two weeks or we are toast. SDSU is very beatable, they are just like USU. Tough but poor shooting team at times.
Those were separate things. Whaley needs to be Whaley AND the team needs to be 35%+ from 3 point land. It was divided by a comma.

It strikes me that we are a different team from the earlier game. Hill started ( I think that was the game he got hurt?) and Webster started. We were running the weave and much more perimeter oriented ( shot 30 three's) DTJ has 15 more games of experience and is a different player. We were shaken early on and now I think DTJ will keep it under control.

If we can suppress LeDee and stay within a few points early on we'll win.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We play better on the road than at home. SDSU has our number and has for a long time. Until I see a change in those things, I have to go with the Aztecs. I agree with those above that we can not start slow against these guys. Can we beat them? Sure. Will we beat them? I don't think so. Prove me wrong Rebels....

SDSU 75
UNLV 68

We play better on the road than at home. SDSU has our number and has for a long time. Until I see a change in those things, I have to go with the Aztecs. I agree with those above that we can not start slow against these guys. Can we beat them? Sure. Will we beat them? I don't think so. Prove me wrong Rebels....

SDSU 75
UNLV 68
SDSU has been relatively weak on the road.

It’s an interesting matchup. Money line play for me.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’m hoping to go..depending on roomate situation.

Probably gonna lose.

If I show up, Rebels lose big. If I dont show up Rebels win 52-50.

I cant help but think of a bunch of seniors that I’ve Seen that are hard to root for than this crew.

I won’t bad mouth Luis Rodriguez since I actually met him. Nice guy, just really small.

Webster…he’s just a limited player. Like super limited in skill set.

Let’s talk about everyone’s favorite transfers..the Boone twins. The main guy gets a DUI to start out the season. A freakin’ DUI. The other twin cant get his grades in order to transfer on time..but here he his and we’re knocking outside of 1st place.

This game will come down to the refs and how bad the calls will be.

But the seniors can all shut down this loud mouth Filipino with a win and playing their asses off.

We are punching them in the mouth like they did us to start the game in San Diego. We need to keep this pressure up

Dutcher is pressing us because he knows our coach can’t draw up a press breaker to beat it. We look like deer in headlights and it’s turnover after turnover. 13-1 run for the better team unfortunately.

Reactions: butta1231
Dutcher is pressing us because he knows our coach can’t draw up a press breaker to beat it. We look like deer in headlights and it’s turnover after turnover. 13-1 run for the better team unfortunately.
You are dumb as a brick and a hater, we have broken every press all year with ease. Sdst D is just on another level.

Reactions: Babalouie