ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Aztecs

That step-back J by DJ Thomas in the final seconds was unbelievable. Great game Rebels.

Reactions: Oscar_m89
Big time shot by a young kid. Looked like a seasoned senior.
It was just a matter of time for the kid. Reminds me of Hunt as a freshman missing game winning shots throughout the season but hit the big one when it mattered (against AZ in the Sweet 16). DJ has the composure and confidence to carry a team and take the big shot, he just needed some seasoning in the college game for it to produce results at the end of a game. DJ is going to dominate college basketball if he stays and hopefully does it at home.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
It was just a matter of time for the kid. Reminds me of Hunt as a freshman missing game winning shots throughout the season but hit the big one when it mattered (against AZ in the Sweet 16). DJ has the composure and confidence to carry a team and take the big shot, he just needed some seasoning in the college game for it to produce results at the end of a game. DJ is going to dominate college basketball if he stays and hopefully does it at home.
Imagine what he’s gonna be like when he grows into a full man-sized frame. Put some playas around him and rollout the ball.

Reactions: TimothyC3
Let’s say we beat unr and loss in the mwc tournament 2nd round. Do we have a case to get into the big dance?

DJ is good but it would be better if there were someone else besides him for those “end of game” situations. He is the engine no doubt but it would be nice to have another “go to” guy with him… let’s hope the portal produces some running mates for DJ. Yes we have a super man but two is better than one and three is an breakable cord, I’d love to see DJ flanked by some capable guys like Harkless or Hamilton, now that would be something!

DJ is good but it would be better if there were someone else besides him for those “end of game” situations. He is the engine no doubt but it would be nice to have another “go to” guy with him… let’s hope the portal produces some running mates for DJ. Yes we have a super man but two is better than one and three is an breakable cord, I’d love to see DJ flanked by some capable guys like Harkless or Hamilton, now that would be something!
From your keyboard to God’s ears. I do like who we have returning (assuming they return) and the incoming recruits. Another 1a option to DJ would be ideal as well as a competent back-up to give him a breather.

I think the only outside chance of getting in without winning the MWC tournament would be to look really good and get to the finals of the MWC and lose a really close game, and then it is still 50/50 at best.
I guess anything can happen, but if UNLV doesn’t win the MWCT and they do get a bid, it would be an anomaly/outlier and it would devalue the NET (assuming it has the value we think it has). You never know what goes on behind those doors and what their real reasoning is - they can “justify” any inclusion or exclusion within reason very easily. Of course there will be angry people somewhere whatever the decision may be.

But it’s like leaving a game in the hands of the refs, just don’t do it. Leave no doubt

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think the only outside chance of getting in without winning the MWC tournament would be to look really good and get to the finals of the MWC and lose a really close game, and then it is still 50/50 at best.
UNLV would need several things to go its way.. First, we would need to be on a side of the bracket where we get 2 Q1 wins in the MWC tournament before the Final. Id rather not face SDSU in round 1 and then have to play USU in round 2... second, we would need and major conference Bid stealers to fall short. Teams like OU/WF etc need to lose early in their conference tournaments and not make runs to solidify at-large resumes and USF needs to win theirs. USF is in a very similar spot to where we are except that they dont get the advantage of a strong conference to bolster Q1 resume wins- they've dominated the conference regular season in AAC. 3rd- We need the eye ball test to, say we lose on a last second shot final possession in the Final to a ranked team but go through a buzz saw to get to that point- ie- UNM>>>>CSU>>>>USU.. and then we have to hope and pray that finishing strong through last 2 months of season and coming in hot is a consideration for the committee vs early season bad losses.

I havent calculated the matchups yet, but in my head, win against UNR, beat the first round opponent easily and then beat Boise/CSU/UNR in the second round. Win those 3 + potential bid stealers losing in their tourney and theres a shot.

I havent calculated the matchups yet, but in my head, win against UNR, beat the first round opponent easily and then beat Boise/CSU/UNR in the second round. Win those 3 + potential bid stealers losing in their tourney and theres a shot.
That is my feeling. The odds are against getting in without winning the MWC tournament, but the last 6 weeks have changed things from not a chance in hell, to an outside chance. It has also changed Kruger from being on the hot seat to being safe.

That was my point on the other thread.. We need alot of things to go our way.. but theres a lot that goes into what have you done for me lately with regards to bubble teams every year. I think its going to come down to something like UNLV in MWC final loss vs say USF in the AAC final. 1 will get a bubble spot that may not necessarily reflect NET rankings.

The boys are going to see that SDSU interior defense is weak. I was hoping Rob Whaley rattles one on LeDee head.