ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread SJSU

Game will be similar to all other conference games for the most part... we will come out cold and slow, but get into game, take lead, build lead in second half, lose our legs and win by a couple... or lose in the last few minutes

Reactions: RRebel and brentjg
Dude my asthma is killing me. No way in hell I’m making the game with it this windy?

Weird year as lots of powers having down years. If you would have told me unlv would have a much better record than ucla, I would have thought we would be having a great year. We sucked early but this is one of the few unlv teams that actually got better during the year.

Rebs by 10 tonight.

These turnovers are unbelievable except they shouldn’t be because it’s just a continuation of the last game. Can’t execute simple plays.

That's why every game has been closer than it should've been...
They don’t play smart and don’t have a killer instinct against bad teams. But we’re not a good team so I guess that makes sense….don’t be fooled by what these hype announcers say.

They don’t play smart and don’t have a killer instinct against bad teams. But we’re not a good team so I guess that makes sense….don’t be fooled by what these hype announcers say.
To be fair, I think we're a total of 8 points away from already being MWC regular season champs...

The USU BS, dropping games to Reno and CSU after leading all game...

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Tough way to end the year with SDSU and at Reno, but they have their destiny in their own hands. They can both games. They can lose both of course but oddly even if they drop both I’m not sure it will provide much indication of how they may do in the MWCT.

Tough way to end the year with SDSU and at Reno, but they have their destiny in their own hands. They can both games. They can lose both of course but oddly even if they drop both I’m not sure it will provide much indication of how they may do in the MWCT.
Winning one I think keeps us out of the 4/5 matchup, which is probably a rematch with either team and keeps us out of USUs side of the bracket.

To be fair, I think we're a total of 8 points away from already being MWC regular season champs...

Despite some misfortune closing out games, not playing 2nd games against Utah St or Boise is a big help to inflate our record.

I know everyone is excited we are 9-1 in our last 10, but 7 of those are against the bottom 4 of the league. The bottom 4 are a noticeable drop-off from the rest of the league.

That's why the last 2 are so big... if we want to win MWC tournament we need to see how we play vs 2 teams that definitely have something to play for as well.. personally I'd rather beat SDSU a team we haven't had much success against in last decade than Reno if it came down to 1-1 finish, but I also want to go 2-0 and watch UNM beat USU in last game so the only thing separating is and a MWC Title is the guys in stripes... motivation

No one wants to mention the 32 point debacle against AF at home. Completely maddening. Win that one and things are a lot different.

Reactions: unlove
The challenge isn't the problem. It's the league protecting its top team to protect seeding... tell me I'm wrong, we see it every year. If we are to bid steal, we have to avoid SDSU and USU till the final. Otherwise we will get screwed.
The 'top' teams get so used to getting any calls that they flop in the NCAA Tournament for this very reason. You see it every year. I remember Jimmer expecting the same sweetheart calls that he got in conference and BYU fan whining more (if that's even possible) about how unfair it was.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
The challenge isn't the problem. It's the league protecting its top team to protect seeding... tell me I'm wrong, we see it every year. If we are to bid steal, we have to avoid SDSU and USU till the final. Otherwise we will get screwed.
In terms of the league protecting seeding I’d much rather play USU compared to a NM, CSU, UNR.

The MW is all in on wanting 6 bids, they’re not even hiding it they made a post about it earlier this week. They know USU is in, but NM and CSU are trending the wrong way and they’ll want to protect them to secure the 6 bids.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Take care of business and we could finish no worse than second. Go 1 & 1 in our last two and we’ll likely finish tied for 3rd. The MWC should be careful playing favorites.

Our dudes had to have been partying too much like the beginning of the season.

No other way to explain that loss.
It sure was a head scratcher of a game. What does amaze me is that they have teams like Washington, who are 16-14, play in a very week pac12, and 0-3 against the MWC ranked in front of UNLV? My expectation is UNLV is getting heavily penalized for the few really bad loses, and winning the next two is a must to help erase the penalty on UNLV and their rankings. 20-10 with a fairly hard overall schedule would be a decent finish during the regular season and much better than UNLV has seen since the second season for coach Rice.

As a side note, the PAC12 is 1-6 verse the MWC. They have not played each other much this year, but it does show what the overall ratings say, which is that the MWC is overall a better conference.

Last edited:
It sure was a head scratcher of a game. What does amaze me is that they have teams like Washington, who are 16-14, play in a very week pac12, and 0-3 against the MWC ranked in front of UNLV? My expectation is UNLV is getting heavily penalized for the few really bad loses, and winning the next two is a must to help erase the penalty on UNLV and their rankings. 20-10 with a fairly hard overall schedule would be a decent finish during the regular season and much better than UNLV has seen since the second season for coach Rice.

As a side note, the PAC12 is 1-6 verse the MWC. They have not played each other much this year, but it does show what the overall ratings say, which is that the MWC is overall a better conference.
Imagine taking a 2 hour bus ride..walking in and it was 27-10. AFA. Having rat boy Usher check your ticket because you sat with the AFA fans. Buying more beer and sitting next to our recruit. Spilling more popcorn and havin the ushers at the UNLV women’s game saying “this is the second time you spilled popcorn on the floor”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT