ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNLV women’s volleyball

I don't know. You are right, her coaching substitution patterns are baffling to me too.
She, is throwing stuff on the wall and hoping that it sticks.

I was, wondering why the Libero Caleigh King was not starting anymore?
She, doesn't even play in the first set anymore. Why?
I think, our Service game is do or die.
They either serve an Ace or the serve goes in the net or out of bounds.

I, haven't given up on the Head Coach yet.
She needs, to figure this out quickly.
The coach is playing a different system than what we ran with Sullivan. Maybe when she gets all her new recruits in next year they may be a better fit to her system. It's frustrating to lose to our rival. We get another chance at them in November. Hopefully, the coach learns from all this and we can get back on track. Eleven more conference games to go and it looks right now they will all be battles.

I was gonna go watch the Soccer doubleheader tonight.

Then I reminded myself, I don’t really watch Soccer.

I respect the hell out of it though.
I was going back and forth between the volleyball game and the women's soccer game. I like this soccer team. They play hard every minute of the game. Our leading scorers are freshman and fun to watch. Some good talent there.

Reactions: RebelScrub
It's pretty shocking how our new coach inherited a top MWC conference contender to see it become a middling team struggling to stay alive. I don't think I've ever seen a top MWC team fall so fast.

Fresno sweeps the Rebels today 3-0.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
The MWC Tournament is in Cox, this year.
The top 6 teams qualify for it.

I can't believe it, but UNLV might not qualify for the end of the year tournament.
I'm in shock. Please, coach. Be the 6th team, in standings. At least!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Time to kick the tires on this old thread to look at next year.

From the Pac-2 Washington State Volleyball has been devastated after a great season. The head coach has taken the West Virginia job and one of their long time assistants Shannon Hunt has taken the head coach position at unr. Besides losing coaches WSU through graduation and transfers has a handful of players left. This all happened because of the Pac-12 breakup. It was inevitable.

I think Shannon Hunt may be a good hire for unr but, time will tell. Coming from that powerful WSU team of winners I would hate to see them beating us year in and out.

I'm still not sure about our future. I'll give it another season to see how we do before I start the fire the head coach thread. Yeah, I know that will stir up some discussion. We lost to unr at reno a team that won a total of 7 games the entire season. We were lucky we made it into the MWC tournament. We were swept in the NIVC to a Sacramento State who had never won a single post season match in their history of volleyball. Our player substitutions and rotations were questionable and left me without a lot of confidence in the decisions being made. Our back row defense needs a complete overhaul but, unfortunately they are all returning next year. A bunch of freshman coming in who more than likely won't contribute right away. I don't have a lot of confidence going into next year. For now one can only hope and that is a poor formula for success.

What a ray of sunshine that was! Yeah, volleyball really fell off a cliff with the new staff. And if I remember correctly, Isabel Martin hit the portal. She was quite a spark.

Happy(?) New Year to you too. LOL

What a ray of sunshine that was! Yeah, volleyball really fell off a cliff with the new staff. And if I remember correctly, Isabel Martin hit the portal. She was quite a spark.

Happy(?) New Year to you too. LOL
Yeah, Isabel is now a Florida Gator. Huge loss for the Rebels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT