ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread The Rice I don't like at Boise

As small as the crowds have been at games, I wonder how much of an impact that will have with the current players and future recruits no matter what the outcome of the season is for CKK?
And that is a fair point.

But honestly at this point, what kind of hire will truly move the needle?

A surefire hit. Greg Marshall, Brad Stevens, Jay Wright for sure.

Nearly anyone else? Maybe a few hundred to a thousand, maybe two?

And what we are 99% going to get is someone else.

At this point it is going to take tourney wins and national rankings to get people to pay attention again. If Kevin is getting us close to that, then we should stick with him.

Another hard reset won't help the bottom line. Especially since the new coach will likely cost twice as much, if not more per year that CKK.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It’s difficult when you can’t bring a recruit on an official visit and have it be an exciting atmosphere. I mean, that’s gotta be seriously difficult. I remember fans swarming certain players for autographs, pulling them into the student section and just a great college atmosphere. Now it’s essentially a chilly morgue. And I don’t know how you get around that as a staff aside from scheduling them during top games (SDSU is pretty much it) to minimize the typical deadness in the arena.

Home crowd attendance and enthusiasm is a pretty good barometer of overall program health.
Easy solution, take them to football games! The world has flipped now that football has become king.

Easy solution, take them to football games! The world has flipped now that football has become king.
I mean, that’s not a bad idea in a way. It would make for a better weekend. A decent football day game, tailgate with students … hopefully you have a good hoops game that night where at least a decent crowd is drawn.

Maybe scheduling should look ahead a bit for potential dates for recruits … hey, Dec 4th 10th we play Boise at home at noon … let’s play (enter hoops opponent at night at home).

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT