ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on transfers or recruits?

Udeze will help since he plays like a 4 on defense but a 5 on offense. Cotrell is the opposite: 4 on offense and a 5 on defense.

DWill needs to show that he can remain healthy. You can see the talent, he just needs to stay on the court.
Is Udeze in the fold?

Udeze will help since he plays like a 4 on defense but a 5 on offense. Cotrell is the opposite: 4 on offense and a 5 on defense.

DWill needs to show that he can remain healthy. You can see the talent, he just needs to stay on the court.
You speak as if Udeze coming here. Hope you are right but how are you figuring this as Udeze has many p5 schools after him?

We better hold opponents to under 60ppg or we’ll be in trouble without any more scoring punch added.

Reactions: RebelSoldat
With Williams and BHam both not making the 68 person nba combine invite list, nor the 44 person g league combine invite list, any thoughts on at least 1 of them coming back? I thought they would both make this list of top 112.

Gotta figure DW returns. Use the year to build his game and try to drop 15-20/game. Ham should be able to make a good living Europe.

Reactions: Trax0r and JTthe2nd
Just looked up results from portsmouth invitational which is made up of fringe nba hopefuls. Williams was not on any of the teams, Bham was. He got 23 minutes per game, finished dead last in scoring at 2.7 pts per game and his fg percentage was .167. Ouch! I knew he took too many tough shots at unlv and shot a terrible percentage on them, but I thought he would do better than that. No wonder he did not make the g league invite list.

Would be strange if BHam returned. Not sure how he’d fit into the make up of this team. Certainly not defensively. Not gonna happen but fun to wonder.

Jason Asemota
UNLV: “They love me. They were at my game this past weekend. I’m probably going to be at UNLV because I’m going to Vegas in a couple of days. They’ve been on me since November. They love me as a person and I love the coaching staff. The coaching staff loves me. We really have a good connection and UNLV has a good connection with my school. There was a connection there from the jump.”

We love him. Lol. He signs here top 5 I'll put his calender up over my bed. Lol

UNLV: “They love me. They were at my game this past weekend. I’m probably going to be at UNLV because I’m going to Vegas in a couple of days. They’ve been on me since November. They love me as a person and I love the coaching staff. The coaching staff loves me. We really have a good connection and UNLV has a good connection with my school. There was a connection there from the jump.”
He's got a lot of teams on that list. If he seriously has interest from UNC, Duke, etc, that would be quite a pick up

I like that CKK and staff are shooting high.

But, in one year the NIL issue has advanced so fast it's impossible to predict what it will take to get a top 10 player two years from now.

My guess is the top 5 athletes will be getting at least $500k a year and the next 5 will be close. Contracts will be tightened up so players can't pit one program against another after signing. Players will get more $$ upfront for committing for more years. There will be performance clauses. Morals clauses. Etc. Etc.

I'm afraid we will desperately need a Billion dollar booster if we are going to get any top 25 kids.

But, in one year the NIL issue has advanced so fast it's impossible to predict what it will take to get a top 10 player two years from now.

My guess is the top 5 athletes will be getting at least $500k a year and the next 5 will be close. Contracts will be tightened up so players can't pit one program against another after signing. Players will get more $$ upfront for committing for more years. There will be performance clauses. Morals clauses. Etc. Etc.

I'm afraid we will desperately need a Billion dollar booster if we are going to get any top 25 kids.
Reach out, keep contact, see them play if it’s not a major inconvenience … see how things progress. You can’t sink a ton your secondary resources into it if you don’t have the primary resource available. If you play it right, maybe you get a token listing as final four with hopes it may draw other eyes.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Based on recent chatter on twitter IMO it's the current staff. Another sophomore top 10 offer.

I think CKK & staff are putting a lot of stock/marbles into the 2024 class.. You can already chalk up Dedan Thomas Jr.. IMO Looks like they are going to recruit other top tier talents/buddies of his to entice & put together a stellar class..

I'm afraid we will desperately need a Billion dollar booster if we are going to get any top 25 kid
The good news is Kevin is smart and wouldn’t waste his time recruiting players he had absolutely no shot at. Maybe we have a booster plan for NIL being developed.

Also, by making contact and building relationships early, even if they commit elsewhere the chances go up when the player hit the transfer portal. Because for now approximately 25-30% of the players will hit the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT