ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on transfers or recruits?

Mike Saunders of Cincy was once linked to Unlv, verbal commits sez he is going to Utah.

I see Jake Kyman of uclz in transfer portal. That kid could really shoot. He would be a good addition here.

Ethan Anderson of USC was listed as a possible transfer to UNLV, he just committed to Wyoming.

Really… You think so? We don’t even have an AHC yet, can you share why you are so confident about recruits?
Yeah, we will do better. Listen, he’s familiar with our school, we recruited him (Menzies). Not knocking Wyoming, they’ve been better than us lately … but you don’t pick Wyoming, of all places, over UNLV. I know we aren’t shit. But you go to Wyoming if you can’t go to UNLV.

I remember interviewing a couple of players who played for us in the mid 2000’s (different UNLV teams) They visited Wyoming along with UNLV and a couple of others. The description of Laramie, the visit. It’s an extreme. Falls outside of norms. Now I agree that city isn’t the only or even primary reason to go to a school …

I’m not saying Ethan is a bad player. I’m just saying we are in some better fits (he can’t shoot a lick) … if we wanted him, went all in for him, he’s not going to choose Wyoming.

• Haha
Reactions: TimothyC3 and wyo 1
Hopefully we will be on the right side of this!! Seems like they have to have something BIG planned! Way to quite! If not we will take a huge dive next year!

Hopefully we will be on the right side of this!! Seems like they have to have something BIG planned! Way to quite! If not we will take a huge dive next year!
Of course … Pandora’s box, opened. The rich will thrive, the lucky will survive, the innovative have an opportunity, the rest will wither.

Poaching, tampering will be more normalized. Frowned upon but more normalized.

Ethan actually signed to come to UNLV under Menzies, and then he de-committed and signed with USC! No wish for a player like him to come to UNLV now.

Usually you want to be the last visit in this scenario… Here’s hoping they don’t let him leave to Pullman!

I’m hoping we can move McCabe to the bench with the new PG. McCabe can dribble and pass but he can’t get his shot off unless he is wide open.

Reactions: djmonje
And a guy that looks smaller than Mccabe will be able to get his shot off?
Think Prince Fowler, it’s about talent not height! I’m hoping this new signee is more talented getting his shot than McCabe or what was the point of signing him?!

Not to mention the kid from SMU who can flat out play at 6’0 tall… just because I mention McCabe’s weakness, don’t get offended! This is supposed to be about UNLV getting better not about having a soft spot for certain players. We need better not sentimentality around here geeez!

Last edited:
Not to mention the kid from SMU who can flat out play at 6’0 tall… just McCabe I mention McCabe’s weakness, don’t get offended! This is supposed to be about UNLV getting better not about having a soft spot for certain players. We need better not sentimentality around here geeez!
If you are going to be a 6' PG at this level you better make up for in quickness. McCabe looks like a banged up player, and he is. It shows, his quickness and bouncy-ness only appears in brief flashes. bottom line is, they can be 6' but they gotta be quick AF !

If you are going to be a 6' PG at this level you better make up for in quickness. McCabe looks like a banged up player, and he is. It shows, his quickness and bouncy-ness only appears in brief flashes. bottom line is, they can be 6' but they gotta be quick AF !
Truth!

Can't imagine why he is transferring. Got loads of minutes and did well. Just a quick overview of his stats looks like he would be an excellent get.
I'm an OU fan.

We don't fully know what went into his decision to leave.

He got injured, announced that he was coming back to OU, and then sort of abruptly, entered the portal. The most common rumor is that Elijah and Coach Moser didn't see eye-to-eye on his future plans. With OU chasing new portal players themselves, they already landed two kids, it could be about playing time or future role.

Whatever the case, if he joins up with Kruger, it would be an excellent addition both in terms of play and character.

Last edited:
So as of now we have Lindsay (hs), the Pg from Duquesne and now Harkless… what are the other holes or positions that need to get filled? Do they recruit a similar type of small forward to fill in the DW void or not?

I guess it just happened few minutes ago. Went with Hartman to Florida. Considering the fact Lindsay can't keep his story straight week to week, don't have much to say about him since just last week he confirmed he was staying at UNLV. I guess Florida offered a cash bonus?

Reactions: Trax0r
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT