ADVERTISEMENT

Yes! Leshaun Bell commits

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
EQBviXKUcAATQ2E

Wow, what a change it will be to see a good UNLV defense in a few years. Can't remember the last time that happened.

It will be nice....but I hope people understand this will take time. You don't come in with a bunch of freshmen and turn it around over night. It will take 2-3 good classes to build up some depth and to get a team which fully understands schemes and assignments.

P.S. It took a a hell of a lot of coach contact to keep Bell. The Pac-12 angle almost bit us. If Leach is still at Wazzu we probably lose this one. Now it's a new WSU coach from the MWC against Arroyo, whom Bell knew, a former Pac-12 assistant who is now in the MWC. I love that we hell onto Bell. Well done, Coach.

In truth a couple of key transfer from last year as well as this year (if they can play), and a couple of key high level defensive recruits could be enough to squeeze out a winning record. We will need to see how quickly the coaching staff can develop the players, and the first chance to see their direction will be the spring game. Considering I did expect a jump in recruiting, but nothing close to what they had, I wouldn't put it past the coaching staff to be able to find 6 or more wins, but at the same time they could also end up with 3-4 wins.

We were 108th last season in cumulative team defense. It will take more time and players to jump into the top 80, which is where we need to be to be bowl eligible on consistent basis.

We also need to see how well the staff is at coaching. They've blown us all away with this class in a short time. Let's see the sets, schemes, ideology they implement and the game they call from the booth/sideline.

If they have a bowl eligible season I will be shocked. Especially when you look at the schedule. If that happens we have found a needle in a haystack as far as the coach goes.

If they have a bowl eligible season I will be shocked. Especially when you look at the schedule. If that happens we have found a needle in a haystack as far as the coach goes.
Yep. So my expectation is a 5-8 season. Anything better, and I'll be happy.

Reactions: BostonRebel
If that happens CMA will have a job offer at a P5 program.

If that happens CMA will have a job offer at a P5 program.
I would think he would need to do it for more than one year, but if he put us in back to back bowls then yeah he wouldn't be here long. Let's hope that is the problem. I imagine that would open a few more coaching avenues for us after that kind of success. Let's just hope he can coach half way as good as he can recruit.

We were 108th last season in cumulative team defense. It will take more time and players to jump into the top 80, which is where we need to be to be bowl eligible on consistent basis.

We also need to see how well the staff is at coaching. They've blown us all away with this class in a short time. Let's see the sets, schemes, ideology they implement and the game they call from the booth/sideline.

3-4 defense....

How aggressive they are bringing pressure will be interesting.

New DC has said some guys that might be viewed as DEs will play OLB for them.

Steelers did a similiar thing. Taking undersized DEs and playing them at the rush OLB spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT