ADVERTISEMENT

Flip incoming

I can see some light criticisms here and there, that’s the nature of fans sometimes.

But overall, nah.

You can say we “choked” the game away, being in such control and losing.

To me, choking involves losing composure and focus, not having mental toughness. This wasn’t choking.

This was some players just failing to make the right play, which happens in a 7-0 game and a 45-41 game on both sides of the ball. The team battled back and I’ll be damned, once again, they didn’t wilt, point fingers, get confused … they just fell a play or two short. And there is another team competing hard, you don’t get all the breaks. The Fresno safety making that saving tackle when it looked like we were going to get in the end zone (Davis). At the time, you figure we are going to punch it in and we are good to go, all the momentum. It was a huge game saving play as it turned out. They made a big play. They stood staunchly on the short yardage too. We can blame play calling … but they still stuffed us.

Where we lost is where Fresno didn’t make plays and we just coughed it up, it was our own doing. But it wasn’t choke.

Do you realize that in the first time in forever, in late November, early December, we are going to be more excited for football than basketball?

I’ve never felt better about the actual direction of UNLV football. This coaching staff is for real and it starts with the man at the top.
Coach O is the real deal. The dude love his players and it show. Nothing fake about this guy. If someone question his motives otherwise I would start questioning the other people motives.
To the team, 55 new players and a brand new coaching staff being QB by a RS Freshman. At least give them some time to really get thing going. This is world class shit, man. Miscues happens with this many new parts come together. I dont think the conference look at UNLV the same way anymore after last night game against Fresneck in Fresno. This aint the Same Ol UNLV anymore.

Reactions: ckfitz
That’s a word that was texted to me last night by a few fans. The team is fun to watch. The style is fun, the competitiveness is more fun.

This season has anything but a slog.
For sure. Even last nights game as frustrating as it was, it was still a very fun and entertaining game. White and Oilver alone made that game enjoyable to watch.

Considering how well Maiava is playing as a redshirt Freshman, I wouldn't be surprised if the QB recruit looked at the fact that it would be unlikely that he would have a chance to start for 3 years!

Considering how well Maiava is playing as a redshirt Freshman, I wouldn't be surprised if the QB recruit looked at the fact that it would be unlikely that he would have a chance to start for 3 years!
Gordon decommitted because his main goal is to get to the Olympics and he has a great chance of doing that. Hes the #1 triple jumper in America. UCLA has a great track and field program and UNLV doesnt have one. Football will be his secondary sport moving forward.

Gordon decommitted because his main goal is to get to the Olympics and he has a great chance of doing that. Hes the #1 triple jumper in America. UCLA has a great track and field program and UNLV doesnt have one. Football will be his secondary sport moving forward.
Can’t fault him for that, but it’s odd that he’d commit in the first place to a school without a men’s track program.

Can’t fault him for that, but it’s odd that he’d commit in the first place to a school without a men’s track program.
His goals started shifting this summer after he went to Oregon and placed first in nationals.whats funny is he visited campus the day before he competed in Oregon.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT