ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming v Air Force

Wyoming is currently up 21-14 near the end of the first half. Winner of this game should be in the top 25!
I feel like it's entirely possible MWC leader falls behind Tulane and/or JMU almost exclusively based on TV representation

Reactions: 220reb
AFA lost its QB and the first two plays with the new guy were fumbles. They had 2 in 2 plays. Prior to that, 2 turnovers on the season.

Wyoming punched it in the first time through to tie it and take a lead except the PAT was blocked!

Second one afa had 2 TFL and a sack. FG was wide right. AFA defense is looking great.

330 remaining. Tie game. Airforce ball own 35 to start

What I don't get is why they're so hard to defend... they don't throw or attempt to do it. 8 passes... 8...
I'd like to see something schemed up to take away their bunch formation and just man up 1 vs 1 outside...

Also, We're in 2nd place in MWC standings...

Reactions: LVRebel2000
1. They are extremely disciplined. They don't make mistakes on offense.

2. Everyone hates option football Because it's something you don't see very often and takes time to prepare for.

3. It wears out your Defense over the course of the game. You must rotate your defensive players.

4. You must be fundamentally sound on defense As this team is very difficult to tackle.

When people make fun of the service academys they have no clue how difficult they are to play. Last year AF put up close to 600 rushing yards and didn't attempt a pass against UNLV. However I believe this year will be different. Looking forward to seeing how we play them.

What I don't get is why they're so hard to defend... they don't throw or attempt to do it. 8 passes... 8...
I'd like to see something schemed up to take away their bunch formation and just man up 1 vs 1 outside...

Also, We're in 2nd place in MWC standings...

Look at it like this somehow Mike Leach and his Air Raid was genius? All they did was throw the ball. 56 passes to like 5-10 run plays.

Air Force/Army offense on its surface looks simple. But it's every bit as intricate possibly more intricate than some seemingly more 'complex' offenses.

Out of one set you first have to defend the dive, the Qb following the back, the zone read, they also can run counter out of exact same look. We haven't even scratched all the presnap motion. Its extremely intricate.

Add to that you rarely see it. They utilize a cut block system that's hard to replicate in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT