ADVERTISEMENT

When is enough enough?

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I am the first one to say I have been flipping back in forth in regards to this team, but at what point does it become obvious that the team has quit playing? Losing close games to decent teams is one thing, but being blown out by Air Force at home shows they no longer give a shit. Current 10 minutes left and they are down 66-38. The big half time speech has UNLV outscored by 27-14 in the second half. While I wrote that they end up going from 28 down to 30 down.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
I am the first one to say I have been flipping back in forth in regards to this team, but at what point does it become obvious that the team has quit playing? Losing close games to decent teams is one thing, but being blown out by Air Force at home shows they no longer give a shit. Current 10 minutes left and they are down 66-38. The big half time speech has UNLV outscored by 27-14 in the second half. While I wrote that they end up going from 28 down to 30 down.
Now we down 36. I don’t think any other game has ever changed my outlook on a season as much as this one.

This time last week fans were saying we were finally good and I thought I was in the twilight zone. Other posts were saying we easily go 4-0 in the next 4. I was thinking has anyone actually watched this team play? The St Mary’s game tells you everything…out rebounded by 35 and didn’t give a crap. Out rebounded by AF at home? No words necessary.

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
Now we down 36. I don’t think any other game has ever changed my outlook on a season as much as this one.
You are wrong. UNLV has made a huge comeback, they are only down by 35 now!
This Is The Worst Kill Me GIF by Film Riot

This time last week fans were saying we were finally good and I thought I was in the twilight zone. Other posts were saying we easily go 4-0 in the next 4. I was thinking has anyone actually watched this team play? The St Mary’s game tells you everything…out rebounded by 35 and didn’t give a crap. Out rebounded by AF at home? No words necessary.
You and me both. Reading NET, quad wins … the potential. Amd we were below 500 in conference and below 500 against D1 competition. This place is warped, no doubt, but I don’t know that difference between where some think we are/were and where we really are/were has ever been more off than the past couple of weeks. I thought I was going crazy, too.

People have a very hard time admitting ugly truths. They just can’t face reality sometimes. I don’t get it.

You and me both. Reading NET, quad wins … the potential. Amd we were below 500 in conference and below 500 against D1 competition. This place is warped, no doubt, but I don’t know that difference between where some think we are/were and where we really are/were has ever been more off than the past couple of weeks. I thought I was going crazy, too.

People have a very hard time admitting ugly truths. They just can’t face reality sometimes. I don’t get it.
Caveat - I DID think we’d go 4-0 very easily, I got that wrong obviously. But I didn’t think 4-0 would make us good or make a real difference in the grand scheme of things.

Caveat - I DID think we’d go 4-0 very easily, I got that wrong obviously. But I didn’t think 4-0 would make us good or make a real difference in the grand scheme of things.
If this was on the road, maybe it would be a good idea not to provide a ticket home to the coach? Just thinking outside of the box!

Yes. The St. Mary's game was where they lost me, watching that pathetic rebounding effort was an eye opener. If they gave just 25% more effort in that game they win by 10.

Why not give Augmon a chance?
Because his experience doesn’t translate to taking a head coaching job at a major university. At least Dave Rice was an associate head coach at BYU during their five time NCAA tournament run and could recruit his butt off. This program’s most success game with a veteran coach in Lon Kruger. We need to find that opportunity again.

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
Yes. The St. Mary's game was where they lost me, watching that pathetic rebounding effort was an eye opener. If they gave just 25% more effort in that game they win by 10.
Consistent game to game effort has been an issue that’s plagued every season … it was much better for a short stretch here … but it’s not like questionable effort just popped up as an issue.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
Consistent game to game effort has been an issue that’s plagued every season … it was much better for a short stretch here … but it’s not like questionable effort just popped up as an issue.
most of our players have either VEGAS ties or come connection to his Dad. Recruiting is only going to get worse from here. IMO. if we keep him. Less NIL money and less kids wanting to come here for a under achieving program.

most of our players have either VEGAS ties or come connection to his Dad. Recruiting is only going to get worse from here. IMO. if we keep him. Less NIL money and less kids wanting to come here for a under achieving program.
I have been thinking the same thing. If the general consensus around college basketball is that Kevin is mediocre. Mediocre is what he will attract. Two words: irreparable damage.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Wake me up in April when we've hopefully hired a new coach. I've been mostly checked out this season anyway after Southern but losing to Air Force by 32 at home? I never thought I'd see that happen even with Menzies first team. Mens college basketball is in such a sad state in general with NIL money being a thing, the lack of veteran talent and the portal making every year unpredictable but we're at the very bottom of this big pile of poop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT