ADVERTISEMENT

Wow did this site go dead after the AF game!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
There must be a lot of us that gave up after the blowout by Air Force. The basketball side has gone from busy on an hourly basis to nothing in 2 days!

If you haven't noticed it's been on life support since the beginning of the year off topics get more replies than current UNLV topics.

San Jose is just too bad to give us a game. Small bored crowd. But I’ll be there. And then New Mexico next week. Now that will be a game. I’m predicting a surprisingly bigger crowd than normal for the Lobos. Maybe a three beer night.

San Jose is just too bad to give us a game. Small bored crowd. But I’ll be there. And then New Mexico next week. Now that will be a game. I’m predicting a surprisingly bigger crowd than normal for the Lobos. Maybe a three beer night.
Normal ... normal for this season, meaning larger than 2K? Normal for 2010 at 14K? Normal for 2007 at same number? Normal for 1991 at 17.5K?

Which normal?

Normal ... normal for this season, meaning larger than 2K? Normal for 2010 at 14K? Normal for 2007 at same number? Normal for 1991 at 17.5K?

Which normal?
If things dont look like a change is going to happen at the end of the year. People should boycott the last game of the season.I cant do it ,but the rest of u should. [cheers]

If things dont look like a change is going to happen at the end of the year. People should boycott the last game of the season.I cant do it ,but the rest of u should. [cheers]
People haven’t been boycotting games. They’ve boycotted the past couple of seasons. Those that are showing are like you - they just can’t do it (boycott).

People haven’t been boycotting games. They’ve boycotted the past couple of seasons.
And like u!
yeah, but I’m on fumes and the gas tank has a hole. Don’t think I have the desire to try and fill it anymore, whether we are good or bad. These last couple of seasons exhausted the reserves.

I’m guessing it’s like going to from a horned up teen to an old man who still needs an entire bottle of blue pills even if a naked 20 year old supermodel is in front of him.

yeah, but I’m on fumes and the gas tank has a hole. Don’t think I have the desire to try and fill it anymore, whether we are good or bad. These last couple of seasons exhausted the reserves.

I’m guessing it’s like going to from a horned up teen to an old man who still needs an entire bottle of blue pills even if a naked 20 year old supermodel is in front of him.
I'm on fumes also this next year is he's going to make me or break me as a UNLV fan. Still will follow him just not to the extent as I do now

For me, I was pretty optimistic after the first 3-0 start in over 20 years, I thought maybe Marv had the MW figured out like he did the WAC and was ready to challenge for the conference title. Why did I think that? Because I'm a die hard Rebel fan and I wanted it to be true.

After the AFA game, it looks like the 3-0 start was just a mirage, Marv doesn't have anything figured out and we'll be lucky to finish MW play 10-8. I see us winning today, maybe on Tuesday, but then dropping the next 5 after that.

The visuals are just appalling! Struggling to beat these bad teams in year three is just heartbreaking. Two very lucky shots this year don't go in and we have a losing record with this god awful schedule! !

For me, I was pretty optimistic after the first 3-0 start in over 20 years, I thought maybe Marv had the MW figured out like he did the WAC and was ready to challenge for the conference title. Why did I think that? Because I'm a die hard Rebel fan and I wanted it to be true.

After the AFA game, it looks like the 3-0 start was just a mirage, Marv doesn't have anything figured out and we'll be lucky to finish MW play 10-8. I see us winning today, maybe on Tuesday, but then dropping the next 5 after that.
Lots of people are looking for any little thing to grab onto, playing up the importance of unimportant things .... just a whole lot of rationalization to stop yourself from vomiting. It’s understandable. Some people have it really bad though.

We will still win 11 or 12 in conference but it won’t mean much. It’ll still mean we are a 150-200 team which is appalling at this stage.

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
What has the actual game attendance been? I will be at the game against New Mexico.

Real attendance? Aside from the Cincy game which was around 5K, it’s been about 2k +/- a couple hundred at the Mack.
Ouch, my wife was just looking at a three game package with all you can eat but the added fees is almost another ticket purchase. I can buy from scalpers and buy food at regular price and it would still be cheaper.

Ouch, my wife was just looking at a three game package with all you can eat but the added fees is almost another ticket purchase. I can buy from scalpers and buy food at regular price and it would still be cheaper.
Yeah. You could get tix from scalpers for 1/2 price face value if you get the right guy, handle the situation right. They end up with tons extra.

A coworker got Cincy tickets opposite Rebel bench, downstairs, towards the back of the section, Rebel bench side of halfcourt... I think he said he got 3 for $35.

There must be a lot of us that gave up after the blowout by Air Force. The basketball side has gone from busy on an hourly basis to nothing in 2 days!
After a game like Air Force, I avoid Rebel-Net for a few days, so that doom-sayers, who’ve been demanding the head of Marvin Menzies since the pre-season, may revel in their “told-ya-so” moment. I believe they’re never so joyful as after a bad loss (see this thread).

I’m well-aware that I’m due for a hearty round of “not-so’s”, after that. But I’m sticking to my opinion.

So enjoy…I’ll be back when we post a win over UNR or SDSU. If it doesn’t come to pass, I guess I’ll sit it out. In the immortal words of that sage philosopher, Eric Cartman…

artworks-000097043560-2byvya-t500x500.jpg

Go Rebels!

Reactions: Runnin83
Tell us your story RebelNet.

When did you stop caring about Rebel basketball.

I can tell you I never cared about the Golden Knights. Or the Raiders. Or the Stars/51s, Aces, Wranglers, Bandits, Outlaws, etc.

Rebels 4 Life! :)

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Yeah it was obvious with how the season started that this would be Menzies final season. Air Force was another inexcusable loss to add to the several others from this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT