ADVERTISEMENT

Windmon in the portal again

I suppose anything is possible and maybe he’s changed his attitude, who knows.

But I really don’t see him fitting in with Coach Odoms culture.
I don't know anything about his attitude, just his on field play. I'm surprised he's transferring again though. Wasn't it thought that he'd be in the NFL? Did his stock drop?

I don't know anything about his attitude, just his on field play. I'm surprised he's transferring again though. Wasn't it thought that he'd be in the NFL? Did his stock drop?
He was charged for assault or something in a hallway fight against Michigan. Plus, he has been injured.

The guy hasn’t seen the field much the last two years. His stock has tanked big time. Maybe he’s a changed guy, can be a productive leader etc.

If he did come back, he would be a weak side linebacker and would be a great help for Woodard and/or incoming linebacker Laster.

We actually have some pretty solid LB's. Woodard, McDuffie, Thompkins. With the covid year, redshirts, transfers, etc, I no longer have any idea how much eligibility the guys have though.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
He was charged for assault or something in a hallway fight against Michigan. Plus, he has been injured.

The guy hasn’t seen the field much the last two years. His stock has tanked big time. Maybe he’s a changed guy, can be a productive leader etc.

If he did come back, he would be a weak side linebacker and would be a great help for Woodard and/or incoming linebacker Laster.

He had a massive first year at MSU.

Injury derailed him this year.

He's an explosive guy.

If he was available I'd kick the tires at least and gage interest.

It's basically a one year investment/bandaid.

He had a massive first year at MSU.

Injury derailed him this year.

He's an explosive guy.

If he was available I'd kick the tires at least and gage interest.

It's basically a one year investment/bandaid.
I don’t know about massive first year at MSU, he dominated vs weak body bag games but didn’t do much vs p5 schools. He would do well in MWC play, I agree.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I don’t know about massive first year at MSU, he dominated vs weak body bag games but didn’t do much vs p5 schools. He would do well in MWC play, I agree.

Fair..

Overall numbers were nice 6 sacks 6 forced fumbles and a pick plus 10.5 TFL

At UNLV his numbers were a little different (more tackles) but he was playing ILB vs OLB/Edge at MSU.

You are correct he did rack up a lot of that early.

Which brings up an interesting comparison/conversation.

Do you throw out 'blow up games' as an outlier?

For example Jett rushed for 12 TDs and 500 yards.

If you take out the UTEP game 100 yards 4tds

He had 400 yards and 8 TDs over the remaining 11-12 games of the season.

TDs still look nice, but 400 yards in 11 games not nearly as impressive.

(Granted Marion rotated backs a lot)

Last edited:
Fair..

Overall numbers were nice 6 sacks 6 forced fumbles and a pick plus 10.5 TFL

At UNLV his numbers were a little different (more tackles) but he was playing ILB vs OLB/Edge at MSU.

You are correct he did rack up a lot of that early.

Which brings up an interesting comparison/conversation.

Do you throw out 'blow up games' as an outlier?

For example Jett rushed for 12 TDs and 500 yards.

If you take out the UTEP game 100 yards 4tds

He had 400 yards and 8 TDs over the remaining 11-12 games of the season.

TDs still look nice, but 400 yards in 11 games not nearly as impressive.

(Granted Marion rotated backs a lot)
Couple things, Windmon is a seasoned veteran. He blew up in his third season and was productive vs Eastern Washington and other MWC teams. Kind of got to in his own head and he bolted for MSU where he showed flashes but was never consistent. Hate to say it but he turned into a JAG at that level. Again, he’d do well here in the MWC and we have some LB depth where the focus wouldn’t be all on Windmon.

As for Jet, he’s a freshman and even if you took the utep game out, he’s still put up good numbers for a freshman that nobody recruited or heard of. Who knows what his ceiling is.

Couple things, Windmon is a seasoned veteran. He blew up in his third season and was productive vs Eastern Washington and other MWC teams. Kind of got to in his own head and he bolted for MSU where he showed flashes but was never consistent. Hate to say it but he turned into a JAG at that level. Again, he’d do well here in the MWC and we have some LB depth where the focus wouldn’t be all on Windmon.

As for Jet, he’s a freshman and even if you took the utep game out, he’s still put up good numbers for a freshman that nobody recruited or heard of. Who knows what his ceiling is.

Agree, Jett's numbers were solid especially for a freshman. He definitely has potential. More just pointing out that in a short season like football, one or two games can skew your final stat line a lot.

In Jetts case I'm not sure in Marion's system he will ever put up eye popping final numbers (in terms of yardage) like Lex Thomas or Charles Williams. I don't think he'll see enough touches.

In the MWC Jacoby has shown he can be an impactful player. In the BIG less so, but I think that would be true of a lot of guys on UNLVs roster.

I’d take him in half a heart beat if he thought of Vegas again. Let’s have another year of decent defense!

We usually have at least one stud Lb. But with Windmon, Woodard, and Laster, that might be the most talent we’ve ever had on the field at the same time at LB.

I’d take him in half a heart beat if he thought of Vegas again. Let’s have another year of decent defense!

We usually have at least one stud Lb. But with Windmon, Woodard, and Laster, that might be the most talent we’ve ever had on the field at the same time at LB.
No, that would be when we had Claridge, Seward and Parkhurst in 2001, if I remember correctly!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT