ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Thompson

rebswin2

Rebel Legend
Apr 5, 2004
San Diego, CA UNLV'94
Oregon QB in portal. I know nothing about what his plans are but he has been recruited over again at UO so not surprised he’s leaving. Former 5 Star from Arizona. I’ve seen most of the playing time that he has been given the past couple of seasons and it is pretty obvious he has a ways to go to be an elite P5 QB so just maybe he’s looking to go G5?

He also has connections at ASU with Kenny Dillingham not sure about Arroyo? so it wouldn’t surprise me if there is interest there?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Oregon QB in portal. I know nothing about what his plans are but he has been recruited over again at UO so not surprised he’s leaving. Former 5 Star from Arizona. I’ve seen most of the playing time that he has been given the past couple of seasons and it is pretty obvious he has a ways to go to be an elite P5 QB so just maybe he’s looking to go G5?

He also has connections at ASU with Kenny Dillingham not sure about Arroyo? so it wouldn’t surprise me if there is interest there?
Hey Wins, quit disturbing UNLV we are hot and heavy after 5'10 sideway throwing, dual threat QB from the JC rank. Pro Style are not welcome.

His situation is exactly why theres a transfer portal. Oregon coaches told him that he would be next and that they wouldnt recruit another QB over him. He turned down several offers before to go and start. Now they get Gabriel and push him out.

His situation is exactly why theres a transfer portal. Oregon coaches told him that he would be next and that they wouldnt recruit another QB over him. He turned down several offers before to go and start. Now they get Gabriel and push him out.
I highly doubt he picks UNLV.

His situation is exactly why theres a transfer portal. Oregon coaches told him that he would be next and that they wouldnt recruit another QB over him. He turned down several offers before to go and start. Now they get Gabriel and push him out
Where did you get this information? I follow both UNLV and Oregon and it has been on the message boards since Dante Moore flipped last off season that Oregon planned on bring in a portal QB. According to multiple mods as I am on multiple message board’s Thompson was never promised to start as Thompson was not even recruited by this staff. Thompson was very valuable to Oregon last year as a veteran back up to Nix in case of injury. The plan was always to bring in someone to compete with him this year to my knowledge.

Where did you get this information? I follow both UNLV and Oregon and it has been on the message boards since Dante Moore flipped last off season that Oregon planned on bring in a portal QB. According to multiple mods as I am on multiple message board’s Thompson was never promised to start as Thompson was not even recruited by this staff. Thompson was very valuable to Oregon last year as a veteran back up to Nix in case of injury. The plan was always to bring in someone to compete with him this year to my knowledge.
Probably MattBeGreat. 😄

Last edited:
Then why is he even being posted?
Since I posted it Ill answer, even though I did already answer in the original post. Ive seen this kid play basically every snap he ever taken. I agree with the Oregon coaches who went to the portal two years in a row becuase the didnt feel he is the guy to be QB1 at Oregon. So as I said above maybe he is looking for something a step below P4, if so UNLV is a step below P4. Never said he was a target but posting for discussion which is what we do here.

What youre saying is accurate; he was never promised to start. Programs were trying to poach him, and the current staff that didnt originally recruit him told him that he would be "up next" and have a shot after Nix which is why he turned those offers down. Bringing in Dillon Gabriel does not signify that he will get a shot. You are not bringing in that type of QB from the portal to compete.

How do I know what was said? I'm friends with people in his camp and this is what I was told.

What youre saying is accurate; he was never promised to start. Programs were trying to poach him, and the current staff that didnt originally recruit him told him that he would be "up next" and have a shot after Nix which is why he turned those offers down. Bringing in Dillon Gabriel does not signify that he will get a shot. You are not bringing in that type of QB from the portal to compete.

How do I know what was said? I'm friends with people in his camp and this is what I was told.

I think everyone at UO including fans really wanted Ty to be next up. From all indications he is a really good kid. He could have left after last season and I dont think many would have blamed him when Bo came in. I assume that the staff hadnt seen enough improvement this year from Ty to be confident in him as QB1 and thats whythey went back to the portal to get their starter for next season. They are also entertaining Dante Moore for their future so obvioulsy Ty knows where he stands.

Sounds about right and I would agree he does not have a shot. You also can’t blame teams for taking more of a sure thing over an inexperienced QB. If a kid like Gabriel wants to come you can’t turn it down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT