ADVERTISEMENT

Who is visiting this weekend? 12/16

He’s in town. I saw him at the Harley Davidson dealership on LV BLVD.

#TooSoon?
parks-and-rec-ron-swanson.gif

Nice jokes, but Coach has grandchildren and a wife. His son's coach for him also. I think the mistakes of the past including the walk away from the Falcons and some down years at Louisville are in the past too. Football is in the Mike Leach era now. Coaches have a full plate just getting moved, meeting players, setting up recruiting visits, evaluating the prior players. Let's just celebrate a staff that has been there and done that in the SEC and ACC and now Notre Dame and USC

A combination of the top half of the MWC, WSU, OSU, ASU and U of A is much better than the MWC as is now.
Says you, this would be the MWC all over again! And if this is all that’s left of your Pac 12, you do realize the recruiting for each of these schools falls off a freaking cliff and they become Utah St and Boise!

After the loss of UCLA and USC. ( This year's national rank in Parentheses)

Utah(8)
Washington (12)
OSU(14)
Oregon(15)
WSU
AZ
ASU
Stanford
Colo
CAL

This is nowhere near the MWC. MUCH better. In fact, better than the Big10, ACC and Big 12 which all have fewer teams in the top 15.

The only current PAC schools that will be in the PAC when UNLV joins are OSU, WSU and Cal. Better than the current MWC but not the PAC of today.
If their recruiting doesn’t fall off a cliff, remember they ain’t going to be playing SC and the Bruins anymore, not to mention the Ducks and Huskies. I don’t see many 4 or 5 stars rushing to be in that Pac 12!

Utah(8)
Washington (12)
OSU(14)
Oregon(15)
WSU
AZ
ASU
Stanford
Colo
CAL

This is nowhere near the MWC. MUCH better. In fact, better than the Big10, ACC and Big 12 which all have fewer teams in the top 15.
As of today, things can change just like the announcement USC and UCLA made not to long ago about joining the Big 10. The Pac looks like fertile poaching ground to me and that would suck if UNLV finally got in, only to sit at the table for the leftovers, not exciting to me!

As of today, things can change just like the announcement USC and UCLA made not to long ago about joining the Big 10. The Pac looks like fertile poaching ground to me and that would suck if UNLV finally got in, only to sit at the table for the leftovers, not exciting to me!
So, you're saying that - if invited to the PAC - we should tell them to shove it and hope for one of the bigs sometime in the future?

If their recruiting doesn’t fall off a cliff, remember they ain’t going to be playing SC and the Bruins anymore, not to mention the Ducks and Huskies. I don’t see many 4 or 5 stars rushing to be in that Pac 12!
Have Oregon and Washington decided to leave? Or been offered? I heard rumors a while back but don't remember seeing anything certain.

Have Oregon and Washington decided to leave? Or been offered? I heard rumors a while back but don't remember seeing anything certain.
This whole realignment thing is so fluid right now, nobody knows anything for sure but I know I want the best for UNLV and they may not be the Pac 12!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’d like to see us in the Big 12 instead but who knows.

Terrible take
Jt was in Jest. I would love a PAC 12 invite. I am just emplying that sky is the limit with us. IMO once and when we get over mediocrity to plain out awful I think we will draw a ton of interest from fans, recruits, media and most of all BIG 10-12 higher ups. This coaching staff is about the best we could of ever wished for money wise. The PAC-12 champion SOLDOUT arena I am sure opened a ton of eyes on the potential of UNLV becoming a power house and the money and interest in CFB would increase.

I would think the expanded playoff would slow the momentum for those 2 to bolt. With the top 4 conference champions getting a bye, the only reason to leave would be $. The only way they get more $ is if the B1G (or SEC) comes calling and that doesn’t appear to be happening in the near future.

I would think the expanded playoff would slow the momentum for those 2 to bolt. With the top 4 conference champions getting a bye, the only reason to leave would be $. The only way they get more $ is if the B1G (or SEC) comes calling and that doesn’t appear to be happening in the near future.
You are right it’s all $$$ and the BIG has $$

I know nothing but I don’t think the BIG or the SEC are done. I think the BIG probably was waiting to see what happened with UCLA before making their next move. Now that UCLA is clear to go, I expect at some point to see more west coast schools join SC and UCLA. The obvious choices are Oregon and Washington as the next two. I think Stanford goes too.

I think the Big12 ends up with the AZ schools and probably Utah and CU.

Leaving OSU, WSU and maybe Cal as PAC schools needing conference mates.

Utah(8)
Washington (12)
OSU(14)
Oregon(15)
WSU
AZ
ASU
Stanford
Colo
CAL

That’s what it is today, I don’t expect the PAC to look anything like this in a couple of years.

If the PAC come calling, you absolutely take it. No Brainer.

If it gets decimated, then that sucks. For sure. But if it does there is no telling that there will still be a PAC.

Thr B1G and SEC are not options. Big 12 maybe. Or Maybe a new conference of the best leftovers.

Either way it would be an upgrade.

Also if you take the PAC and you have positioned yourself to be a top school a better conference could even still come calling. Unless there is some sort of contract clause about leaving too soon.

With the conference expansion talk, I just really don't see how USC/UCLA joining the BIG is feasible in reality. It's one thing for football, where you only have to travel for 6 games, but how in the world is that going to work for all of the other sports? Those kids are going to be on the plane for a quarter of the semester, minimum in volleyball, basketball, baseball, etc. You would think that at some point, the schools, especially the rich ones like USC/UCLA would say enough is enough, and just stay and do what's right for the students. I know that's not the reality of how these guys think, but IMO, it should be, especially when you're already loaded!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
With the conference expansion talk, I just really don't see how USC/UCLA joining the BIG is feasible in reality. It's one thing for football, where you only have to travel for 6 games, but how in the world is that going to work for all of the other sports? Those kids are going to be on the plane for a quarter of the semester, minimum in volleyball, basketball, baseball, etc. You would think that at some point, the schools, especially the rich ones like USC/UCLA would say enough is enough, and just stay and do what's right for the students. I know that's not the reality of how these guys think, but IMO, it should be, especially when you're already loaded!

SC and UCLA are the ones that wanted to go, so they aren’t changing their minds. As for travel yes not ideal and why I feel more west coast schools will be added but I assume they will charter more than previously and at the end of the day is a 3 hour flight to Seattle much different than a 4 hour flight to Chicago or a 5 hour flight to Newark for Rutgers?

I don’t follow the BIG enough to know how they schedule but the PAC schedules back to back road games for BB to limit travel, so Oregon goes to LA and plays both LA schools, goes to Arizona and plays both. I can’t imagine SC heads to Rutgers for a Thursday night game and then back to LA for a Sat game. They will stay East.

Last edited:
The only current PAC schools that will be in the PAC when UNLV joins are OSU, WSU and Cal. Better than the current MWC but not the PAC of today.
They are better than the now but not in a decimated Pac 12? No way their recruiting wouldn’t take huge hit, the top players going there now would dry up and they would be left with the leftovers like everyone else in the current MWC. I said the choice is more of my hope, never said we should turn down an invite like someone here mentioned? Nobody on this board knows anything but if the choice is between the Big 12 and the Pac 12, I hope we take the Big 12… that conference would benefit us more in both football and basketball. Just my take!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT