ADVERTISEMENT

When does practice get under way?

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Getting excited and can't wait to get out there and check them out. I think we have some ready to go freshmen coming in and some guys that redshirted last year chomping at the bit. I know I will be in the minority with this statement or will at least catch some slack for it but I would love to see some freshmen step in at skill positions (even quarterback) and beat out veterans. There was a time not too long ago when Tennessee was trying to decide between 2 freshmen as to which would start. One was Ainge and I forgot who the other guy was. Freshmen QB in the SEC. Why not UNLV?
None the less I am looking forward to seeing the talent upgrades we are making. Reports will be coming!

Go Rebels!

Reactions: RebelinWA
Looking at the Depth Chart posted in the Media Guide they are looking at freshman to come in and compete or at least provide depth.

Most notably at O Line. Outlaw, Brayton , Garcia and Caldwell are all listed as the back-ups. All the incoming freshman WR are also currently listed as back-ups as well.

Charles Williams is listed as the #3 RB and I think he will see the field in some capacity this season as well. Possibly on KR in addition to a few touches a game.

Armani Rogers will have a lot of catching up to do if he is to unseat Palandech or Stanton. I think now that Stanton has had an entire summer to watch film and throw with the TE/WR group he will start to separate himself and take the job. I hope Rogers shows flashes but for the stability of the program being able to RS him is the best case in my eyes.

My brother heard from one of the coaches in spring that practice and the situations they put the QB's in particular are meant to be tough, they like to see how they react to adversity so I think some of the struggles we saw in spring from the QB spot is the coaches throwing them in tough situations.

Hey Buck, will they take the field on the 5th or will that be some kind of orientation? Looking forward to seeing you and WA out there. I will be the fan interest level is up significantly this year. Expecting to see maybe 40-50 out there watching practices. It would be great support for the guys.

I believe check in for Camp is Thursday so the first practice should be Friday. Usually the first day is no pads and then Saturday they will be in Shells, Full pads probably wont start until the afternoon of Sunday or Monday.

The entire schedule with times should be released by Wednesday or Thursday.

I live in Northern Arizona, so I will be participating vicariously through your reports, comments and impressions, which I expect to be voluminous. I just purchased the two game plan that includes UNR, I added Jackson State as the second game, so my son and I will be there, at the very least, for the first and last game. Can' t wait.

Looking at the Depth Chart posted in the Media Guide they are looking at freshman to come in and compete or at least provide depth.

Most notably at O Line. Outlaw, Brayton , Garcia and Caldwell are all listed as the back-ups. All the incoming freshman WR are also currently listed as back-ups as well.

Charles Williams is listed as the #3 RB and I think he will see the field in some capacity this season as well. Possibly on KR in addition to a few touches a game.

Armani Rogers will have a lot of catching up to do if he is to unseat Palandech or Stanton. I think now that Stanton has had an entire summer to watch film and throw with the TE/WR group he will start to separate himself and take the job. I hope Rogers shows flashes but for the stability of the program being able to RS him is the best case in my eyes.

My brother heard from one of the coaches in spring that practice and the situations they put the QB's in particular are meant to be tough, they like to see how they react to adversity so I think some of the struggles we saw in spring from the QB spot is the coaches throwing them in tough situations.

Way too many freshmen are going to be depended on. Makes me worry about injuries although my expectations are higher based on the schedule.

I think a few of the freshman on the O Line will be able to RS when Erbes and Singer (when healthy) join the mix in the group. That's the only spot that was eye opening to me.

Freshman at Skill positions like WR is just adding some better athletes as back-up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT