ADVERTISEMENT

What wins this game...

RedCannon

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2006
Austin, TX
I've been all about the type of play we had last week - run heavy and have the D bend, but don't break.
After some exposure to Sneed and his game... I can see the ability and the need this weekend to open this O up.
I'm still for the 3-4yrd pass to let your players do what they need/can do, but we need to have as many quality players on the field as possible(no kidding). I don't care your year/experience, position. Two TE's split wide - I'm good with that,... if the matchup puts 4yrds on a play. Again, ...3 1/2 yrds per play = a touchdown every drive... and a tired D in the 2nd half. Deep ball plays keeping them true(I only see 2-3 needed) We will need to still have a run game, and I think we will be very strong, but take what they give, which will be LB's biting on the run... TE's. Our Top WR has a Top game.

Our D...
I had to take a sip of beer...
Just do what you know you can D. This is what separates yourself in conference play and that's the key to a W for me. I think our O can put some points up, but our D is going to have to have a "where the F did they come from' game, which I really do think they can do.
D... do your thing for 70 minutes... yes, that long.

Reactions: mvvsmith
I'm interested to see what we can do against Pumphrey. Obviously our biggest weaknesses have been defending the pass due to a below average pass rush and bad plays on the ball by our secondary. SDSU relies heavily on Pumphrey. Honestly, I don't know how good they are passing the ball, but if we can make them pass, I've gotta think that'll give us a much better chance to win the game.

If we can keep DP to 100 yards or less, I think we can have a shot.

I'm still pissed about that fumble recovery. I was listening to that game on the radio. I listened to the entire thing. Last play of the game, things looked bleak. I was pissed. They lined it up to run up the score, and I couldn't take it so I turned it off right before the play happened. I found out the next morning in the sports section of the RJ. Crazy.

Gotta make sure to get as many guys around DP as possible to keep him from getting loose in space. It'll be hard, but our D has to not lunge at every shimmy-shake he throws at them. SDSU doesn't throw a lot - only AFA and UNM throw less - but Chapman is completing about 60% of his passes. Holder is his favorite receiver, with 12 catches for 290 yards and three TDs. So, we'll have to be on our toes because they can throw it, they just don't have to, much.

Hopefully, our WRs will all be focused and we won't have the dropsies. We'll need everything we can get to stay in this game. Something we won't get, though, is a boatload of broken/missed tackles like FSU gifted us. We're gonna have to earn everything we get, and then take a little extra.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Plus 2 in the turnover battle will obviously help a ton. Very concerned about the lack of receivers, and general productivity from what was supposed to be a strength. Numbers are so short there that some backs and TEs better get some route running skills honed.

If they can hang around for awhile, who knows. Tall order, but surmountable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT