ADVERTISEMENT

Utah State: Game Predictions

To be honest, it might be Harvey Hyde. They haven't had enough 6 win teams to give me any confidence that they have won 3 consecutive games.

Actually, I'm gonna post this then look it up. Caleb may have won 4 straight as starter back in 2013.

Edit: he got brought in during the CMU game. Then beat WIU, UNM, and Hawaii.
Yup, 4 straight looks like the record to beat.. I obviously think we get to 3 next week against UNM.. & then I don’t know much about SJSU, they look to have a pretty tough/experienced QB in Cordeiro & an overall tough squad.. But I think the Rebs put up a fight with anyone at this point.. I just hope we get some good news with Williams/Weimer, need our playmakers to stay healthy..

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
4 straight would only be a recent record.
Past records:
1968 8 straight wins - First season playing college football only lost 1 game
1974 12 straight wins
1978 7 straight wins - Division 1
1979 7 straight wins - Division 1
1984 7 straight wins - Division 1
2000 4 straight wins - Division 1
2013 4 straight wins - Division 1

During the seventies through the early 80's UNLV had a very good football team. Robert Maxson took over as President at UNLV in 1984, and the team was never good again with rare exceptions!

Reactions: Jay's Rebel's
4 straight would only be a recent record.
Past records:
1968 8 straight wins - First season playing college football only lost 1 game
1974 12 straight wins
1978 7 straight wins - Division 1
1979 7 straight wins - Division 1
1984 7 straight wins - Division 1
2000 4 straight wins - Division 1
2013 4 straight wins - Division 1

During the seventies through the early 80's UNLV had a very good football team. Robert Maxson took over as President at UNLV in 1984, and the team was never good again with rare exceptions!
Ahh, well thanks for clarifying that.. Like I said, I wasn’t going to look it up because I knew you would have to go into the archives to find a stretch of 4+ wins.. I had no clue they were that successful back then, who would have thought.. Makes sense that things went downhill after Maxson took over..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT