ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV vs SUU

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Not much happening for both teams on their first series. Armani missed on an easy big gain, one broken play to start the game... and missed on a short one to Tyleek.

SUU gets their second series of the game.... Not a great start...

Better series. Give Armani easier throws and reasonable down and distances and let him build confidence. Big turnover on special teams sets it up to make me look like a liar!

That's been pretty consistent under Sanchez, at this point it has to be a conscious decision.
It bothers me so much.. either the guys at CB can play CB or not? This will not work well against UH, Boise or even Colo St. and Wyo. It's not even a challenge for a decent QB to complete passes!

Hard to tell with the poor camera views, but the stands sure look empty. I thought the ticket sales were way up?

It bothers me so much.. either the guys at CB can play CB or not? This will not work well against UH, Boise or even Colo St. and Wyo. It's not even a challenge for a decent QB to complete passes!
I've never been a fan of playing too far off, it seems like we've always done it. And somehow, playing off, we are still prone to the deep passes.

Hard to take away any positives tonight other than they had their challenge and they took care of business in spite of starting slowly. Is that a big deal? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot better than getting Howarded. Right?

I've never been a fan of playing too far off, it seems like we've always done it. And somehow, playing off, we are still prone to the deep passes.

Hard to take away any positives tonight other than they had their challenge and they took care of business in spite of starting slowly. Is that a big deal? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot better than getting Howarded. Right?
I want to see UNLV keep the foot on the throat, build up the score, get Armani some deep reads.... He has to be built up, this is a game where you can help forge some confidence with him and his teammates. You have to take everything you can from a gimme.... we have plenty to work on, let's do it instead of playing out the string.... this team isn't good enough to just let things idly play out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT