ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV/VANDY GAME THREAD

I knew KO had it in him. The kid got IT!

Relax a little..

He was very good this week against an awful Vandy team. He benefited a lot from UNLV being able to gash Vandy in the run game. Saw a lot of favorable coverages.

He was not very good vs against a tough Boise team when they let him air it out early on in the game.

Let's see what happens at a tough place to play in Fresno on a short week.

Can't bury the guy after a tough start vs Boise, can't elevate him to savior status after a nice performance vs Vandy...

He’s a freshman Bull. First start was against a top 25 team and his second start is probably against bottom 25 team. The IT he got it, it all depends upon the other pieces of the team

No doubt his passing looked really good, and I expect he will continue to improve as he gets more game time experience. I hope that his passing helps to open up the running game even more, and that the defense shows up verse FSU. This game is most likely the make or break game for the rest of the season for UNLV football. It is very possible UNLV could end up playing UNR with both teams needing a win to be eligible for a bowl game depending how things go for UNLV over the next few games.

He’s a freshman Bull. First start was against a top 25 team and his second start is probably against bottom 25 team. The IT he got it, it all depends upon the other pieces of the team

Yes I realize that.

He played poorly vs a good Boise team.

He played well vs a very bad Vandy team.

Try not to read to much into either performance.

Nick Sherry had some very nice starts early in his career.

We all got excited and look how that ended up...

Let's see how he progresses going forward and how he performs as opponents get more tape on him..

Last edited:
Nick Sherry never had wander into the SEC country on the road for his second start or did he? The IT I am talking about is his demeanor and command of the position when the game is on. This kid have it. If this coaching staff decide to nurture it or not is up to them. It’s not about if he can beat Fresno

Nick Sherry never had wander into the SEC country on the road for his second start or did he? The IT I am talking about is his demeanor and command of the position when the game is on. This kid have it. If this coaching staff decide to nurture it or not is up to them. It’s not about if he can beat Fresno

Its Vanderbilt Trip....

Its two games.

You weren't going nuts after the Boise game. Total crickets.

Don't overreact over a win over a bad Vandy team.

Just like you can't get to down over his performance against a good Boise team.

But..

You can't say 'oh but it was Boise and they were ranked' so its ok when he struggled but throw a parade because he beat a bad Vandy team.

Its cherry picking.

Lets see how he adjusts as teams get film on him.

He is showing some promise.

But there are likely going to be growing pains as well.

We don't know what we have yet...

Vandy is not a good team, but they are as good or better then half of the teams UNLV has left to play. FSU and SDSU are two big game for UNLV which will tell us whether they can or can't save the season. Lose both and nothing changes, win one or better and they have a decent chance of going into the unr game with a chance to qualify!

Vandy is not a good team, but they are as good or better then half of the teams UNLV has left to play. FSU and SDSU are two big game for UNLV which will tell us whether they can or can't save the season. Lose both and nothing changes, win one or better and they have a decent chance of going into the unr game with a chance to qualify!

I'm not sure Vandy is as good as anybody UNLV has left...

Maybe?

Hard to say.

CSU looks bad, but they are scoring a ton of points, and racking up yardage. They just can't stop anybody. Only SDSU has shut that offense down. Vandy struggles to score and can't stop anybody.

Reno is a mixed bag. One week good, one week awful, next week so-so..

Fresno is 2-3. Looked horrible against Air Force, but other losses were one score games to P5 schools.

Hawaii can score on anybody. They beat two P5 teams similar to Vandy. Defense is still suspect even with the performance against Reno.

SJSU went in and beat a bad Arkansas team but I'm not sure Vandy is even as good as Arkansas.

SDSU is limited offensively but that defense is pretty good.

You're right, this Fresno game is huge. A win here and they give themselves a chance. A loss and they have to go 4-1 down the stretch. That's tough..

Vandy scored 36 against #1 LSU, and I don't think SJSU could even get across the 50 verse LSU.

They also scored 6 against both Georgia and Ole Miss. And 10 against UNLV.

They are one of the lowest ranked offenses in the country both in yards and points scored.

Vandy is a very bad football team this year.

If I'm not mistaken SJSU dropped a 50 spot on UNLV last year. Beat Arkansas on the road this season. Lost on a last second FG on the road to Reno...

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

Vanderbilt at best would be a middle of the pack MWC team this season..And I'm not so sure about that.

Last edited:
They also scored 6 against both Georgia and Ole Miss. And 10 against UNLV.

They are one of the lowest ranked offenses in the country both in yards and points scored.

Vandy is a very bad football team this year.

If I'm not mistaken SJSU dropped a 50 spot on UNLV last year. Beat Arkansas on the road this season. Lost on a last second FG on the road to Reno...

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

Vanderbilt at best would be a middle of the pack MWC team this season..And I'm not so sure about that.
I doubt that too. The team I watched was pretty awful in nearly every aspect of the game. In many ways, they mirrored our team - but we happened to click, got some momentum and rode it.

I think it’s silly to think that the exact opposite couldn’t have occurred. It was two poor teams, one had a good day, the other had a worse than even regular poor day.

A bad UNM team really pounced UNLV last season. I don’t think they took that win and used it as a championship block. It was what it was. A dominating win over a poor team.

Context is always important. Can’t get stars in your eyes based on one set of numbers.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I doubt that too. The team I watched was pretty awful in nearly every aspect of the game. In many ways, they mirrored our team - but we happened to click, got some momentum and rode it.

I think it’s silly to think that the exact opposite couldn’t have occurred. It was two poor teams, one had a good day, the other had a worse than even regular poor day.

A bad UNM team really pounced UNLV last season. I don’t think they took that win and used it as a championship block. It was what it was. A dominating win over a poor team.

Context is always important. Can’t get stars in your eyes based on one set of numbers.

Exactly...

Context.

Vanderbilt is the Rutgers of the SEC..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT