ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV spring practice Wednesday

RebelinWA

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 24, 2015
If anyone can make it, here is the schedule. I ll be there Wednesday and I ll post changes to the roster if I see any.

"All practices are open to the public but viewing areas are restricted and no use of mobile communication devices will be allowed while at Rebel Park. Please note that times are subject to change."

UNLV 2017 SPRING PRACTICE SCHEDULE -- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
March 1 Wednesday Practice 1 No Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 3 Friday Practice 2 No Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 6 Monday Practice 3 Shells 8:10-10:20 am
March 8 Wednesday Practice 4 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 10 Friday Practice 5 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 13 Monday Practice 6 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 15 Wednesday Practice 7 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 17 Friday Practice 8 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 20 Monday Practice 9 Shells 8:10-10:20 am
March 22 Wednesday Practice 10 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 24 Friday Practice 11 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 27 Monday Practice 12 Shells 8:10-10:20 am
March 29 Wednesday Practice 13 Pads 8:10-10:20 am
March 31 Friday Practice 14 No Pads 8:10-10:20 am
April 1 Saturday Practice 15 SPRING SHOWCASE 12:00-1:30 pm on campus

Last edited:
Remember you guys, a lot of us live vicariously through your reports. Insights please. Good job on last year's spring practice. The QB spot is especially important this year. I'm fervently hoping the injury situations don't impact the team like last season. Knocking on wood many times.

like its been stated qb position is vitally important, would also like to know how our juco defensive guys are doing Roger Mann, Jacob Rominger, Demitrious Gibbs and Bruce Hester ( is Bruce Hester going to be practicing Wednesday for spring practice).

Anyone have any special requests on who they want me to watch closely? Besides the qb battle?

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Everyone should be good to go at WR outside of Woods who will probably drill but no contact.

I think Flowers moves back to DB due to #s at the WR spot.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Defense is going to essentially be rebuilt. Lots of new faces , so spring will be very important as a number of guys roles will expand on that side of the ball.

We have some experience at D-Tackle/End but need some guys to step up in getting to the passer. Hughes, Fao, Dehdastian provide a nice base at Tackle. End will be covered by Zepeda, Finau with Mann, Jones and Holloway looking to break through. Tatum and Iofeta will probably get some long looks as well as this group needs to find a way to get after the QB and become even better against the run (strides have been made in each season in this department).

At LB, Tau and MacAleenan are gone so who takes up the reps, Keyes, Laolagi, McCoy, Tate, Carr, Rominger will be getting plenty of reps. Also some walk-ons like O'Halloran, Carmona will see some time as camp progresses and until Hester, Katoanga join the mix in the summer.

Secondary, the big battles will be at Safety. Gibbs comes in to join Austrie, White, Baker and possibly Afalava back there. Corner will be competitive with Mouton, Jackson, Hough, Flowers? , Daniels, Boyce (walk on who saw time).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT