ADVERTISEMENT

To whoever is running the Sidelines UNLV twitter account

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Stop stealing my information/intel/breaking news and posting it as your own. It's very obvious that you frequent this board and take what I say and tweet it; at times verbatim.

I don't mind sharing information at all and I love doing it, but it's very corny for you to tweet like you're getting the information first hand. I know you're not because there are only several people that are present when these things are happening. Just say that you heard or saw that xyz happened or that it will happen.

I've seen your tweets and multiple people have told me that your tweets sound awfully similar to what I say so please stop. Im not saying every single tweet is stolen because you definitely give your own opinions and tweet other stuff but it's very obvious that you see my stuff and tweet it and reply or tweet at people as if it's original.

Also, if you're an "insider," please at least don't blantantly lie. We don't deserve that. No one does and to try to rile up the fanbase by doing that is sad. You said Eric Freeny will be here next year. Did he tell you he committed? Because he isn't committed so where's that info coming from? People can see that stuff and he may lose opportunities because of it. Lying on a kids name to capture engagement is not the way to go.

Some pieces of stolen or made up info include; 1. You said that Vice was visiting and that there was no article on it, but he will be on campus. Again, how'd you know that? Then you said he skipped the visit because of AAU? How did you know that? No one else broke that news except me. 2. You said Jalen Hill was locked in and committed before he went public as if you had first hand knowledge. How did you know that? You either copied it from me or threw something at the wall hoping it would stick. You weren't there when he committed. 3. You said everything starts with the Boone twins. How so? Hill was first transfer that CKK contacted and his commitment was the domino effect. Kalib wasn't even fully locked in and on board at the beginning. 4. You said Cisse was visiting and that no other sources knew. How did you know? You weren't one of the 8 people that were there when the visit was being set up. Another stolen piece of info. That was tweeted shortly after I announced it.

Don't take this as me saying I'm better than you or that you can't tweet. I don't think those things at all. I try to be as civil as possible and try to reply to everyone that tags me or asks me something. I give as much as I can to this board and have had some great conversations with people and love hearing different points of views. Sometimes im wrong and I admit it. Im not perfect.

I understand what you're doing with trying to up the UNLV fan engagement. I get it. This off-season started off terribly and we are now back on the map. I understand the excitement and the desire to engage with other fans, but this ain't it.

Last edited:
I dont follow the account, they do follow me, but I see their stuff pop up and I definitely agree that it sounds very similar to what you are posting @lobbybuu .... I cant recall when the account started first posting and I dont recall seeing it during the season. Honestly, I agree with the others above, I thought it might be someone associated with you, lol thats how closer the information sounds to what you have been posting.

• Haha
Reactions: lobbybuu
Just ignore them...sometimes people decide to clout chase on Twitter and there's really nothing you can do about it. Don't let it bother you.

Reactions: lobbybuu
A lot of information on the confidential board dried up due to this exact scenario. A few knuckle heads running to Twitter to parrot what was being shared by the very few individuals that had insight at the time. It sucks and I don’t think those individuals realize the impact that their attention seeking tweets have but it’s something you’ll have to live with when providing this kind of information.

A lot of information on the confidential board dried up due to this exact scenario. A few knuckle heads running to Twitter to parrot what was being shared by the very few individuals that had insight at the time. It sucks and I don’t think those individuals realize the impact that their attention seeking tweets have but it’s something you’ll have to live with when providing this kind of information.
This …

Information here might just start to dry up as well. Just when things got good too.

The writing style seems awfully familiar and I think I know who it may be, but obviously no way to prove it, but just look at who has been extremely vocal and replying to all your posts and asking questions, but suddenly is unusually silent and absent.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Information here might just start to dry up as well. Just when things got good too.
We've had ultra problematic users here before that liked to take info, run with it, make it their own, just to feel like some big shot. It's lame as hell, imo.

The primary reason people want(ed) to share info is because it's exciting to celebrate with fans, share the common interest. But when you get self absorbed people whose identity is wrapped up in internet kudos .... gimme the likes, gimme the follows .... it comes from a selfish place that ruins it for everyone. So many sources have dried up over the years because of these types of people. They still exist, don't get me wrong - but they don't want to look like idiots who leak info either, so they clam up more. I don't blame them.

It's different motivations. Wanting to share vs the need to be a big shot on the internet, probably because in real life, they're a nothing. Gotta get it somewhere, I suppose.

I'm not condoning the person that's doing it, whomever it is, but trying to get clarification on the topic.

I'm a little confused by your statement about information drying up. While I get the fact that you don't want people taking your info from here and putting it on twitter as their own, you're also posting this information on a public message board. Obviously, places like Twitter, instagram, FB, etc have a much broader reach, but is there a reason why you would post info for us here, but not on twitter also?

You've always said you share when it's appropriate to do so, which I appreciate, so if it's appropriate to share here, is it not appropriate to share elsewhere?

If it's an issue with claiming it as their own, perhaps ask the person to state that they got it from you, or from the Rebel Net site, or something like that. Unless that information is intended to just stay within the Rebel community.

We appreciate the insight you've been able to give over these past few months, so maybe there's a diplomatic solution here.

I think the main issue is twitter has that larger reach also unless you read rebel net everyday it is tough to know who is and who is not right. A recruit committing might be fine if it is here and little attention (notice there was never a thread with Dedan in the title) but if that goes out on Twitter it is more seen and maybe you steal that recruits ability to craft his message and or talk to other coaches ahead of time.

I wouldn't stop sharing information just because of goofballs on Twitter. It's going to get out eventually and people will always leak it if they want to be opportunistic. It's the internet. Can't control what others do. Carry on with what you do and if something is too sensitive to share, don't share it.

It obviously hasn’t stopped people in the past but if the info got moved to the confidential board at least that person would contribute $10/month to the site. I could be wrong but i believe anyone can view the free forums with or without an account (I’ve visited UNRs a few times after we beat them to see what they said).

It obviously hasn’t stopped people in the past but if the info got moved to the confidential board at least that person would contribute $10/month to the site. I could be wrong but i believe anyone can view the free forums with or without an account (I’ve visited UNRs a few times after we beat them to see what they said).
You can get more information about Trump and COVID on the confidential board these days

Reactions: unlove
Hello all,

Just to clarify, my issue is not that anyone is sharing the information that I'm posting. It's the way that it is being shared. The tweets are either copied and pasted verbatim and made to seem like the person running the account is the one breaking the news.

This is a public forum so anything that is posted here can also be posted anywhere, but at minimum, it should start with "Sources: _____," "I heard that ______," or something like that. That's not how it was delivered on Twitter; it was like what I said was stolen and posted in a way that it seemed like they were breaking it or even that it was me. As stated above and in my PM, several people thought it was me running the account. If the person running the account has the same opinion as me, that's okay. But again, the wording was almost verbatim. I just wanted the account to tweet like it's their own account instead of copying me.

With that being said, the individual that was doing this messaged me a lengthy explanation and has apologized. I accepted their apology and everything is cleared up now. I appreciate the transparency and their ability to admit that they messed up. They've also said that they won't do it anymord and the content with be their original content; whether that be citing or saying their opinions. There are no hard feelings anymore and we can squash this.

I also wanted to reiterate that I love doing what I do and what I share on here can and should be shared on every platform if done so the right away. I love interacting with everyone on here and hearing and learning from you all. We all want the best for the program and I truly feel like we are on the ropes and almost there.

I hope this didn't discourage anyone from sharing or tweeting what is posted on here to other social media platforms. Let's keep the support going but let's do it the right way! With all of that being said, thank you for supporting me heavy these past couple of months and Go Rebels!
It's good to have cleared this up and a little scary that you would refrain from posting your awesome posts! Now get back out there and get some good news on a big transferring here🤣

So did the person running the sideline UNLV Twitter ever acknowledge and apologize for their breech of decorum? I know “reporting” is a copycat game but that business was dirty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT