ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV received two votes for USA today coaches top 25

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
It is still really early in the season, but it is fun to see how low most of the poles had UNLV ranked coming in to the pre-season. An example is the massey pole that had UNLV at around 192nd in the nation. Most of the poles that I read showed UNLV around 150-200 range, which based on past seasons was accurate.

Even UNR was still ranked well in front of UNLV on the latest poles that I have seen, I expect we will see a drastic change if the team continues to play the way they have.

Good win at UNR

What do you think is a fair ranking for UNLV based on their current level of play? I think around 60th would be fair!
This post was edited on 3/5 1:12 PM by Rebel1986
This post was edited on 3/7 3:06 PM by Rebel1986
This post was edited on 3/7 3:10 PM by Rebel1986

Re: overall college baseball rankings

I think we'll have a better idea just how good this team is after the UA series.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Re: overall college baseball rankings (update)

I mentioned how the Massey poll had UNLV at #192 at the beginning of the season. I just looked at the most recent poll from this week and he had moved UNLV all of the wasy up to #39. It was almost a 40 position jump in one week. It does appear that the team is starting to get some recognition.

Go Rebels!
This post was edited on 3/5 1:14 PM by Rebel1986
This post was edited on 3/5 1:15 PM by Rebel1986
This post was edited on 3/7 3:22 PM by Rebel1986

Re: UNLV received 2 votes for the top 25

The USA Today coaches top 25 poll for March 7, 2011 gave two votes to UNLV. That is a huge improvement in the level of respect in a very short time frame.

Go Rebels

UNLV also moved to #29 on the Massey poll! Moving from #192 at the start of the season to #29 shows a lot of respect!

Gator82 - You said we should have a better idea how good UNLV is after the Arizona games, but I am as confused as ever. The coach put in the scrubs in the first game, and did not use the normal three man pitching rotation for either game. They lost bad in the first game, but came back big time in the second game with a great 7th inning.

So the jury is still out, but they have the potential, and some wicked bats!

Go Rebels!

I think we learned alot about this team from the AZ series. These guys can play with any team in the country, and with this being Chambers 1st year, the rest of the conference and nation is being put on notice that UNLV Baseball is back!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

If the Rebels continue to play and win the way they are currently doing, I wouldn't be surprise to see Chambers get nominated as coach of the year for MWC and possibly in the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT