ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV @ CMU - Prediction Thread

RebelBuzz

Retired Number
Jan 13, 2015
Well, it's Wednesday; we should probably get the predictions out there.

Line is CMU -13; UNLV +400 on the money line.

I'm gonna predict a 34-31 ball game. Head tells me CMU takes the W at home. Heart tells me that this is UNLV's breakthrough game. I'll go:

UNLV 34 - 31 CMU

This score dropped into my head a couple of days ago:

UNLV-31 CMU-28

Pantels provides the winning margin late in a seesaw game.

I've never placed a bet in my life, but I'm fairly certain I understand how it works. $100 wins you $400, so $250 would win you $1000.

That is correct. Plus you will get your original $250 back so the ticket cashes for $1250.

I ll go unlv 34 to cmu 34 with us winning in OT. Either way, should be a great game. Unlv already won the week in my books with that practice facility. I can't get too mad at a loss this week, unless it is a blow out.

I have a bad feeling about this game. My gut says the breaks go their way and they win easily. My brain says we lead most of the game and fall 24-23.

Their qb and skills guys look pretty good.
Qb is mobile and very accurate from what I've seen, 4th rated qb pre-draft according to the Rebzone.

Going to have to win in a shootout. Luckily the game isn't 9am our time. Not sure we're ready for that quite yet.

Chips 45 Rebs 38

It's going to be a great week for the Rebels.... Practice Facility announcement and a nice hard fought win this weekend:
Heart: UNLV 38 CMU 28
Head: UNLV 38 CMU 28
:grimace:

I don't like this matchup I think their offense is going to light it up against our defense I hope I'm wrong.
UNLV 27
CMU 45

UNLV 27
CMU 30

Have the lead and blow it late on a late TD...and a penalty on 3rd down allows CMU to keep the ball and get the win. Tough game on the road.

*I think this game will depend on how CMU reacts to last weeks win. I could see them have a let-down-game after that emotional win on the road. If they stay focused, they win.*

Reactions: mvvsmith
The weather forecast calls for scattered showers on Saturday in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. If the weather is windy and rainy this would be a big advantage for UNLV. I believe UNLV has the better RB's and a big strong QB that could pick up big yards on the ground. The CMU QB is best in the air, and not as good on the ground.

Rain is a good thing in this case.

Thanks dude. Is the winning taxable? Can I bet online?

The way taxes work with sports betting is you have to pay taxes if the payoff is 300 to 1 or higher. So if you hit a parlay card for $5 and that ticket pays over $1500, you will have to pay taxes. You will have to fill out a W2G to get paid and that gets sent to the IRS. If the total payout is also over $5000 then they will tax it on the spot and take their 30%.

As for normal bets like the money line mentioned here, the technical answer is yes. But not really. The IRS never gets notified for anything else so they will never know. If you are the honest type you can keep all of your losing tickets and write them off against the winners. The only people I have seen that do that are the professionals. They have no choice but to declare something to account for the money they have.

I remember times where guys who hit big parlays spent the rest of the year gathering up losing tickets laying around to write off against their big win.

If you ever bet or cash more than $10,000 in a certain 24 hour period you will also have to provide ID and social security number. That is not for taxes however, it is to stop money laundering.

So in short, if the payoff is less than 300 to 1, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
I remember times where guys who hit big parlays spent the rest of the year gathering up losing tickets laying around to write off against their big win.

Back when I used to play a lot, hanging around big events (Super Bowl, for instance) and grabbing losers was a good way to get a leg up on any winnings you may have the rest of the year.

Back when I used to play a lot, hanging around big events (Super Bowl, for instance) and grabbing losers was a good way to get a leg up on any winnings you may have the rest of the year.

It had gotten a little harder for people the last few years with the player tracking cards. So many people have them now and they show the number on the ticket.

Like you said, Superbowl and March Madness are the best times because they are so tourist driven, most people don't have tracking cards.

Give me a site where everyone like to go and bet, please.
Heard some key CMU player (injured).

I don't know how it is working with the online sites now. I used one about a decade ago but that was before Black Friday. (online poker crackdown in the US)

I think that made it much more difficult to move money to the offshore books, but I am not sure.

45-31 UNLV

Damn! I would be really surprised if we dropped 45 on CMU. They have a pretty solid defense. Also we will be starting Boyd a junior, Woods a red shirt freshman and Stevenson a true freshmen at WR due to the injuries to Keyes and Presley. (Presley may play though)

Would love to see it happen...

Would be a HUGE boost here if we could pull this off but I think we're not there just yet.
Hope I'm wrong!

CMU 38
UNLV 28

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT