ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV at Northwestern

It's funny how UNLV football losses, and basketball losses for that matter (but less so with bball), evoke so little emotion for me anymore... a little frustration here and there, but I expect nothing from this FB program at this point, and when I get nothing, it's like oh well, I guess I'll just go mow the lawn.

It's funny how UNLV football losses, and basketball losses for that matter (but less so with bball), evoke so little emotion for me anymore... a little frustration here and there, but I expect nothing from this FB program at this point, and when I get nothing, it's like oh well, I guess I'll just go mow the lawn.
We crushed SUU though.

Dance in the streets. Don’t ignore all the positives happening at UNLV.

Temple beat Maryland today. How does Temple have a better team than UNLV playing at a $2B arena.

Reactions: 220reb
We crushed SUU though.

Dance in the streets. Don’t ignore all the positives happening at UNLV.
Baby steps.... this program has been in it's infancy for 30 years, we'll get there eventually, we just need a couple more decades to get weaned from our losing ways....

NINTCHDBPICT000082335512.jpg

Start Oblad at Wyoming.

I'm all for it...

But it won't change the outcome.
I beg the differ. Especially if the defense plays better. Let's open up the playbook a bit for receivers. Even the ones that receivers catch you can tell are not well thrown by Armani.

Reactions: willlevi
Who is likely to have a stronger performance passing the ball?

Will I went to every Spring practice but one...

I'm telling you guys...Oblad had moments but did nothing to separate himself.

He'll have moments. But if protection breaks down. It will be worse. If Rebs fail to run the ball to take heat off, the results will be even worse.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I beg the differ. Especially if the defense plays better. Let's open up the playbook a bit for receivers. Even the ones that receivers catch you can tell are not well thrown by Armani.

I'll say it again.

I went to every Spring practice but one.

The offense won't open up if he is in the game. The passing playbook opens up the run game shrinks.

Armani may not be the answer but I'm not sure Oblad is either..

I even more excited than ever about spending the money to build a sparkly new stadium for two crap teams. At least I’ll have the place to myself at Rebel games.

A lot of Oblad fans based on garbage time throws vs 2nd team defenses.

Not defending Armani...But pump the breaks on Oblad a little..

FYI...Im basing my assessment of Oblads "throws" on the fact that he can actually THROW. You know...pretty sprial and pocket poise and such.

Vs 2nd team defenses...

He had a fair amount of struggles in Spring.

I'm not arguing Armani is the answer...

But I watched Oblad the last two Springs. He has some talent. He also has some limitations.

Think of the throws you saw as Oblad's mix or HUDL tape.

Lots of dudes look good in small sample sizes.

Not bashing him. I'm fine if there is a switch.

Just temper expectations...

The greatness of guys like joe Montana, Dan Marino, drew brees and Tom Brady is they have the ability to lead the receiver away from defenders to open areas and hit them in stride to run after the catch.
I’ve never seen that from Armani and thinking maybe Oblad might have that ability. It seems to me the rebel receivers have to fight to catch the ball and not get killed.

Rebels give up 30 to a team that scored 7 in first game.

Ark st beat UNLV by 26 and Georgia beats Ark St by 55.

So would UNLV lose by 81 to georgia?

If Georgia really wanted to I think they could win by 81+ as UNLV would go 3 and out everytime vs AR.
They would call off the dawgs and win by 60

I can't unsee this.
Ha! Yeah...it's disturbing, so I had to share. I saw this in some England newspaper... The lady is still breastfeeding her 9 year old...lol

Point is, you gotta grow up at some point, the sooner the better or things get ugly. This program has never grown up...and like that poor girl, we may be a damaged product our whole existence because we never grew up correctly.

He'll have moments. But if protection breaks down. It will be worse.
I’ll disagree with this a bit. When has Armani once made the best of protection breaking down this year? His pocket presence might be worse than his accuracy, and that’s saying something. Dude has taken 11 sacks in the last 2 games. And I don’t think our o-line is the problem.

Reactions: MRJA and willlevi
Basically what is there to lose by putting Oblad in there for the whole game. We know we aren’t winning or getting any passing with Armani.

I’ll disagree with this a bit. When has Armani once made the best of protection breaking down this year? His pocket presence might be worse than his accuracy, and that’s saying something. Dude has taken 11 sacks in the last 2 games. And I don’t think our o-line is the problem.

He hasn't. It will be just as much a problem with Oblad though. Maybe worse.

The O-Line as a whole isn't the problem but Sanchez said himself there were two or three checks missed that lead to sacks in the Arkansas State game..All the same guy.

Here is where we are at....

If you find the highlight of Chuck's 2nd TD watch how many Northwestern defenders commit to Armani on the read option.

That play and ones like it go bye bye if Oblad is the starter.

Maybe it swtches to RPO stuff with Oblad. But the zone read where we get chunks of yards and a lot of our splash plays in the run game go away.

Oblad will be an upgrade over Gilliam.

Maybe. Possibly.

I'm all for Oblad starting. Wyoming on the road is about as soft as the schedule gets the next five games. At this point why not..

Basically what is there to lose by putting Oblad in there for the whole game. We know we aren’t winning or getting any passing with Armani.

Ding Ding Ding! It can't get much worse than losing the way we did with A.R. the last couple of games. K.O. might have looked good against the 2nd and 3rd's in garbage time but, I say let him play until he proves otherwise. We already know what A.R. is and is not as does the team which I figure has to be asking themselves as do fans why does CTS continue to do the same thing with A.R. and expect different results !!!

Start K.O. vs Wyoming at this point you have everything to Win and the same to lose with him or A.R. !

You see quote on game story where CTS praises AR for only going over 100 yards passing in garbage time? What is he smokin?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT