ADVERTISEMENT

Unlv & Air Force in contact w/AAC

I think UNLV is trying to drag this out. The PAC are ansy with good reason. If and that isna big if UNLV keeps winning our value goes up and our Big 12 potential goes up as well. Unlikely yes, but I do think it remains in play.
USU jumping today kinda screws that idea. We probably can't afford to wait too long if the PAC is one team away.
Honestly the MW trying to force the agreement probably sped everything else.
Look at it this way...the conference dissolve around you in 2 years, but your commitment gets cash upfront while you wait... your value keeps going up. No exit fee... cash in hand.. You call Big 12 and say take us in, we take 50% share for 5 years... we have cash in hand to help cover difference, 50% is still more than MWC deal...

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The problem is with both at 7 it's a bidding war to fill the ranks.
Right but they’re bidding on best left (anyone in the MW) vs MW bidding on who?

And if it’s a matter of who has the cash, well right now they still do and it could take years to settle anything once the lawyers get involved.

And like I said 8 is fine… but it still creates problems. Having 10 may somewhat dilute the shares, BUT it gives you a championship game, and it gives it to you before you negotiate a TV deal. If you don’t get the necessary two to have a more legitimate conference and a championship game, not to mention avoiding scheduling chaos, then when do you add them and at that point who are you adding?

Right but they’re bidding on best left (anyone in the MW) vs MW bidding on who?

And if it’s a matter of who has the cash, well right now they still do and it could take years to settle anything once the lawyers get involved.

And like I said 8 is fine… but it still creates problems. Having 10 may somewhat dilute the shares, BUT it gives you a championship game, and it gives it to you before you negotiate a TV deal. If you don’t get the necessary two to have a more legitimate conference and a championship game, not to mention avoiding scheduling chaos, then when do you add them and at that point who are you adding?
There is no longer a minimum requirement for a championship game.

Look at it this way...the conference dissolve around you in 2 years, but your commitment gets cash upfront while you wait... your value keeps going up. No exit fee... cash in hand.. You call Big 12 and say take us in, we take 50% share for 5 years... we have cash in hand to help cover difference, 50% is still more than MWC deal...
Why would the conference have to be dissolve? In 2 years, is there an exit fees? Contract is over. UNLV can then decide to do what ever they want and what best for the school....with a boatload of $$$

What happens when you stick around and the MW starts to finalize the next TV deal. You are playing chicken with exit fees.
You know they need a good faith estimate to lure teams in, and right now there is haste to solidify the conference with the PAC competing with you for final spots.
Pretty risky and we could be looking at more fees by sticking around. Layouts will be less but exit fees are often the vskue of the remaining contract

Why would the conference have to be dissolve? In 2 years, is there an exit fees? Contract is over. UNLV can then decide to do what ever they want and what best for the school....with a boatload of $$$
CSU, SDSU, BSU, and FSU went to the PAC because they believe that namesake will help elevate their brand higher than than they could with the MWC. PAC turds have no contract because those schools left them and their contract is nulled and void. That is just histories. I am sure tomorrow will bring more news and excitements. USU can do whatever they want.
If I am UNLV, stay put.

UNLV needs to make a move soon, PAC could just move on and offer some other school and then UNLV will be back to square one. And I'm not willing to bet on UNLV football staying hot over the next two years and going to the B12.
We dont need to get to the Big12, we need to use the $$$ to take care of our FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL programs. Take care of Coach Odom and team first. Go to the CFP and win a game or two...beat Utah in the second round. lol

What happens when you stick around and the MW starts to finalize the next TV deal. You are playing chicken with exit fees.
You know they need a good faith estimate to lure teams in, and right now there is haste to solidify the conference with the PAC competing with you for final spots.
Pretty risky and we could be looking at more fees by sticking around. Layouts will be less but exit fees are often the vskue of the remaining contract
My guess... if our doom and gloom outlook media package is around CUSA, the buyout probably isn't that high. Not sure there's much to lure with other than you're now in MWC... but yeah for both conferences it's a mess and not pretty.. only thing with sticking with MW, we know Gloria, we get $$$, and we're the top revenue receiver for a few years...

UNLV needs to make a move soon, PAC could just move on and offer some other school and then UNLV will be back to square one. And I'm not willing to bet on UNLV football staying hot over the next two years and going to the B12.
I guess we aren't going to hear anything tonight. I can't believe we did what we did. We continue to hire dumb administrators. If the Pac12 gave us an invite and we turned it down for a few pieces of silver someone needs to get shit canned.

Was this article already posted here? It says that AF may also reconsider and is in close contact with UNLV. With AF reconsidering then maybe the other option is the AAC. Still we should take the Pac12 if it is offered.

Was this article already posted here? It says that AF may also reconsider and is in close contact with UNLV. With AF reconsidering then maybe the other option is the AAC. Still we should take the Pac12 if it is offered.

Not sure but it's the one I was alluding to.

Today? Maybe. After they go through their entire conference slate? That SOS is going to tank big time
Today? Maybe. After they go through their entire conference slate? That SOS is going to tank big time
Just looking at the fact James Madison struggled to beat lower division 1-3 Gardner-Webb tells me that the North Carolina win was a one off win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT