ADVERTISEMENT

Unlv & Air Force in contact w/AAC

A Board member. What Board? The Nevada Regents?

On a similar note, my neighbor's daughters' friend said Haitians ate her cat.

Just funning. The six-Pac needs to cut the deal to get up to 8. F- Tulane and Memphis and anyone else east of Mountain time. Get UNLV and whoever else. AF, Wyoming in desperation UNR or UNM. Wish I could say SJSU but with their f-ed stadium and lack of interested fans they suck other than location. BUT if they have a plan to build up their stadium, and being in the same market with disinterested CalFurd, maybe they are a viable option. We just need to get to 8 and take a deep breath.
What are OSU and WSU records the last 5 years in the PAC 12 football?

With the CFP aac teams will get 8.8 to 9 million per school.

For this round of media deals yes.

That contract was written when UH, UCF and Cincy were there. If Tulane, Memphis, and rumors of UTSA and USF leaving are true, there's absolutely no way they get the same deal again.

For this round of media deals yes.

That contract was written when UH, UCF and Cincy were there. If Tulane, Memphis, and rumors of UTSA and USF leaving are true, there's absolutely no way they get the same deal again.
With the CFP aac teams will get 8.8 to 9 million per school.

"With the CFP"
What does that mean?
You can't factor in getting into the CFP for the annual contract. You gotta get there first buddy.
Legacy schools keep their 7 mil for now, the newest members are getting less, with a promise to even out eventually.
You aren't getting 7 mil again after you lose your 4 best teams/markets. Even less if you get poached again.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
"With the CFP"
What does that mean?
You can't factor in getting into the CFP for the annual contract. You gotta get there first buddy.
Legacy schools keep their 7 mil for now, the newest members are getting less, with a promise to even out eventually.
You aren't getting 7 mil again after you lose your 4 best teams/markets. Even less if you get poached again.

100%

Yup...There's a clause ESPN will certainly use if Memphis and Tulane leave to withdraw from the contract. It was specifically added to keep from over paying for bad product. You think the MWC deal was bad, wait till you see the deal an AAC without Houston, UCONN, UCF, Cincy, Tulane, and Memphis gets... we'd be better off staying in a new MWC that adds a few teams and building our programs into super powers...

Reactions: InZoneU and dcut03
Yup...There's a clause ESPN will certainly use if Memphis and Tulane leave to withdraw from the contract. It was specifically added to keep from over paying for bad product. You think the MWC deal was bad, wait till you see the deal an AAC without Houston, UCONN, UCF, Cincy, Tulane, and Memphis gets... we'd be better off staying in a new MWC that adds a few teams and building our programs into super powers...

Super Powers? How exactly? You think next MWC deal will exceed current one?

Sure better than CUSA and possibly AAC but PAC deal will be better and we'll be trying to match them with less money.

"With the CFP"
What does that mean?
He/she is not exactly wrong. You don't have to get into the CFP to make money. If you just look at the current 24/25 football season each G5 school will make about 1.8 million guaranteed from the CFP so adding the current media contract 7 million you get the 8.8 million. Once all those AAC teams leave then we are in a whole new ball game since they may lose their media contract 7 million.

So, just know that the CFP is going to pay us that money just for being a G5 school. Now the money the P4 and Notre Dame get is a whole other thing. I believe I read Notre Dame will get 12 million. And, that is for not even getting to the playoffs. The G5 schools really get crapped on with just 1.8 million

This year, if we get to a CFP semi final game we could get an additional 6 million I believe.

He/she is not exactly wrong. You don't have to get into the CFP to make money. If you just look at the current 24/25 football season each G5 school will make about 1.8 million guaranteed from the CFP so adding the current media contract 7 million you get the 8.8 million. Once all those AAC teams leave then we are in a whole new ball game since they may lose their media contract 7 million.

So, just know that the CFP is going to pay us that money just for being a G5 school. Now the money the P4 and Notre Dame get is a whole other thing. I believe I read Notre Dame will get 12 million. And, that is for not even getting to the playoffs. The G5 schools really get crapped on with just 1.8 million

This year, if we get to a CFP semi final game we could get an additional 6 million I believe.

Is it all G5 get cut or that conference?

Staggering amount of money.

Kinda makes you think 'If I hear one word about budget shortfalls and you just got 1.8 million for simply existing, you are fired'.
It's crazy money but it's table scraps the P4 schools are giving us just to shut us up. The former AAC Commish Aresco was pissed and tried to get them to redistribute the wealth more equitably but he was out voted. But, I get your point.

Super Powers? How exactly? You think next MWC deal will exceed current one?

Sure better than CUSA and possibly AAC but PAC deal will be better and we'll be trying to match them with less money.
Not likely but you never know. Our programs get better by winning. You think Liberty cares that thet got smoked last year... no, but they got paid and elevated their profile. Let's say we stay put and win 3 or 4 straight conference titles, win basketball, win women's basketball... Big 12 decides it's time to expand... bam...
Look, it's not ideal any of this.. but there is an incredible opportunity that we have over any other G5 left to still be able to have a good aggressive schedule out of conference and then run the conference table... Teams want to play in Vegas or against Vegas...

Not likely but you never know. Our programs get better by winning. You think Liberty cares that thet got smoked last year... no, but they got paid and elevated their profile. Let's say we stay put and win 3 or 4 straight conference titles, win basketball, win women's basketball... Big 12 decides it's time to expand... bam...
Look, it's not ideal any of this.. but there is an incredible opportunity that we have over any other G5 left to still be able to have a good aggressive schedule out of conference and then run the conference table... Teams want to play in Vegas or against Vegas...

I understand your point. Not totally disagreeing with it.

Only toiling in the CUSA or AAC or some new MWC could really set you back financially.

Winning cures a lot. No doubt. But attendance matters and I don't think a home slate of

1 P5
1 FCS
And

Sam Houston State, Sw Missouri, UTEP, LA Tech, Reno and UNM is going to excite anyone regardless of how well UNLV is playing.

(Just throwing out names of left over CUSA/AAC schools)

I understand your point. Not totally disagreeing with it.

Only toiling in the CUSA or AAC or some new MWC could really set you back financially.

Winning cures a lot. No doubt. But attendance matters and I don't think a home slate of

1 P5
1 FCS
And

Sam Houston State, Sw Missouri, UTEP, LA Tech, Reno and UNM is going to excite anyone regardless of how well UNLV is playing.

(Just throwing out names of left over CUSA/AAC schools)
No, but being a consistently ranked team does... we've never experienced what a ranked UNLV football team would do for attendance... year over year...
Closest we've come recently was basketball under Rice and the Mack still had pretty decent attendance even against mediocre teams back then...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT