ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV @ #23 Texas Series Talk Thread

ScoresMan

National Player of the Year
Aug 31, 2008
Game 1! DJ Myers opened the game with a nice start on the mound before a walk with 2 outs that lead to a couple runs in the bottom of the 2nd.

Rebels have answered with a run of their own Top 3.

2-1 Texas T3

3-1 Longhorns T7 still.

Can't really muster any offense off the Texas bullpen.

The game is also on the Longhorn Network.

Big fly ball to right and the BALL DROPS! Huge break for UNLV. It plates 2 UNLV runners!!

3-3 game.

2 run triple for Esmay

The wind definitely played a factor

Fly out to right ends the inning BUT the Rebels tie the game!

3-3 TIE B8.

Can't get the runner home from 2nd with a FO-GO to end the inning.

Bottom 9 we go 3-3

No one pulls off the Jeter jump throw like he ever did. Really amazing retrospect.

Kremer gets through the 9th. Time for some Free Baseball!

6-7-8 due up

3-3 T10

Lead off walk, bunt (SAFE on throw to 2nd), Strikeout on foul Bunt, Strikeout looking, Ground out.

Wasted opportunity...ugh

I hate NL baseball, but bunts are a big part of the game. Should be very simple to execute though.
They are a part of the game, but they have shown statistically to be ineffective. Unless the hitter you have up there is sub .100 on getting on base. My baseball philosophy is centered on the fact that 27 outs are very critical scarcity. Its hard enough to do well with all 27, but when you give up some of those 27 it becomes much more difficult. And Bunts should be more simple, but they hardly have a near perfect success rate. The only bunting I like seeing is bunting for hits. Or maybe in the 9th and you need one run with a men on 1st and 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT