ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25

RebelBuzz

Retired Number
Jan 13, 2015
Let me preface this by saying that I don't expect this to happen, but just bear with me:

Let's say that the Rebels go on a winning streak, how long until this team would break the Top 25?

So you don't have to dig up the schedule, here it is:

@ UCLA
@ CMU
vs. Idaho
vs. Fresno State
@ SDSU
@ Hawaii
vs. CSU
@ SJSU
vs. WYO
@ BSU
vs. Reno

A lot would depend on other teams winning and losing, but it seems like it would be after the game at SDSU.

Someday.

That would only happen if UNLV wins the first 6 games all easily, otherwise, I think we would need to win verse BSU. UNLV has way too long of a record of losing for voters to suddenly say lets vote for UNLV.

I don't think anybody would really take notice until we not only beat UCLA on the road, but also beat SDSU as well. The first big win would be categorized as a fluke win, like the ASU or Wisconsin victories. The second one would be.... "holy shit, these guys are good"?

Nice to dream.....Until UCLA slaps us in the face with reality and exposes our weaknesses and beats us by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

Even though it isn't likely, its a good thing to start looking at then seeing the responses during big games. It gives us a different analytical mindset as viewers in these games. Saturday is going to show us a lot, and dictate some of our near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT