ADVERTISEMENT

Those Two Mountain Div Games...

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
Every time I come across anything that shows standings, I'm a little agitated. 27-0 lead against AFA and USU blown 14-point lead twice. Rebs would be in sole possession of first place in West division if those both held... Of course, after losing to SDSU, one more loss would have put is in third anyway if Fresno or SDSU don't lose again (I think BSU will beat Fresno in the last week of the season).

Anyway, that "Should be" ... Well, Rebs are in position either way to make at least a bit of noise. More than a whimper anyway!

Reactions: rebneck
I wouldn't put USU in a "shoulda" game as it was evident we were not going to stop them on any play. AF is a different story. The defense gave the offense 3 times inside the 30 and we scored 3 points. The d was bad at times but the offense lost that game.

I wouldn't put USU in a "shoulda" game as it was evident we were not going to stop them on any play. AF is a different story. The defense gave the offense 3 times inside the 30 and we scored 3 points. The d was bad at times but the offense lost that game.
Yeah. USU isn’t one that I’d say shoulda. I mean, early on I was thinking UNLV was clicking and would roll. But we never even put up our hands in that fight.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
Yeah. USU isn’t one that I’d say shoulda. I mean, early on I was thinking UNLV was clicking and would roll. But we never even put up our hands in that fight.
All true. I guess "held the lead" would have been more appropriate. Either way, those two games (where we had sizable leads). Remember that USU clobbered us when we had just lost Rogers and had a two score lead. Obviously the final result shows the team either gave up or was tremendously outcoached and outplayed.

Howard was a "shoulda" that wouldn't have impacted conference standings, but yeah definitely a shoulda. Oh well, just the same eh?

All true. I guess "held the lead" would have been more appropriate. Either way, those two games (where we had sizable leads). Remember that USU clobbered us when we had just lost Rogers and had a two score lead. Obviously the final result shows the team either gave up or was tremendously outcoached and outplayed.

Howard was a "shoulda" that wouldn't have impacted conference standings, but yeah definitely a shoulda. Oh well, just the same eh?
Watching the USU game, I expected to cruise when we were up 28-14. I figured they’d match us score for score and it would end up 42-28 or 31, something like that. That’s honestly how that game felt at that very moment.

But the defense, man, talk about not showing up in the slightest. I expected a little resistance.

But the defense, man, talk about not showing up in the slightest. I expected a little resistance.
It's a bit jarring to me, to be honest. Our defense has looked mostly decent for the past two weeks, after having an awful second half against the Academy and game against USU. Sure the success isn't only on the defense - also shared with opposing offensive playcalling and execution, but still...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT