ADVERTISEMENT

This effin' guy

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Congrats Rebels, after going 6-1 we have finally surpassed SJSU in the power rankings, but not Boise State.
Apparently he thinks he won't get another win for "another few weeks". So I guess we are losing to New Mexico. Hate to break it to you all.

Congrats Rebels, after going 6-1 we have finally surpassed SJSU in the power rankings, but not Boise State.
Apparently he thinks he won't get another win for "another few weeks". So I guess we are losing to New Mexico. Hate to break it to you all.

He's right about one thing. San Jose State may not be as bad as their record.

Combined record of teams they've lost to is something like 29-8.

Yeah, they've definitely had a tough schedule. Especially USC and OSU. Beyond that, the loss to Air Force is understandable. Their losses are:

@ USC (6-2)
vs Oregon St (6-1)
@ Toledo (7-1)
vs Air Force (7-0)
@ Boise St (3-4)

Their last 2 weeks are the following:
Win @ New Mexico 52-24
Win vs Utah State 42-21

So they're definitely not going to be a pushover. They still have Cordeiro at QB and Robinson at RB, so they'll put up some points. Hopefully we can get in the end zone more than this past week and outscore them.

I think SJSU is better than their record.

But it seems there’s a whole lot of Same Old Rebels out there outside of the fanbase. Can’t blame them, really, not on the surface of it. We are one of the worst teams in the history of NCAA Football. So It’s tough to believe 6-1, it’s tough to believe they might actually be good. I think our fans have turned the corner (and we are a tough crowd with UNLV football, we don’t have a large segment of lunatic football fans that think everything is rosy … we certainly do in hoops …).

If you toss out our long history, change the uniform colors and slap a different mark on the helmet and watch them play … I think they are mediocre or a little above that but with the potential to do more, mainly because I’ve seen zero panic … eye test, they really have passed in most areas, they really have. I’m one that ABSOLUTELY takes SOS into account (that’s why I didn’t buy into last season’s gaudy OOC or Menzies 20 wins) … even with us playing crappy teams … they’re executing, they’re poised, they’re forcing turnovers, they’re converting third downs, they aren’t turning it over and they have some good depth at skills positions … some of those types of things are foundational, they’re more about you than the other team …

But I half expect many football fans outside of UNLV to come across even more slowly than UNLV fans …

And listen, we already know what happens when UNLV drops one … obviously to a lesser scale, but it’ll be the Dion treatment when they lost.

So to me it’s whatever … just keep playing hard and focused, lay it all out on the field and I can handle whatever the results are. I think they’ve earned respect.

Possibly, but he still had them above UNLV a couple of weeks ago at 1-6 and we were 4-1.

That Cal poly win tho... impressive stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Maiava by end of season may be best QB in Conference..
200.gif

200.gif
On the face of it, Wyo's qb is the best. SJSU Cordiero has a whip. Maiava has receivers who are faster than the guy chasing them. I'll agree with you for now. CSU's qb has played well also.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
200.gif
He has progressed a good amount in the past 2 weeks.

He did have 2 near picks in the red zone last game that would have been killers. One of them was almost picked off by 2 different guys.

He isn't afraid of making a tough throw, which I like, but he can put the ball in dangerous positions too.

On the face of it, Wyo's qb is the best. SJSU Cordiero has a whip. Maiava has receivers who are faster than the guy chasing them. I'll agree with you for now. CSU's qb has played well also.
Yes, the CSU QB played very, very well. SJSU and CSU are a much better team than their record indicates. Maiava and Nicholosi are going to go at it for 4 years. Going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT