ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! No respect for UNLV

This is nuts!! No way that we're that low, this guy is just pissed that SDSU is not good this year!

Talk about bias and not wanting to admit that YES UNLV is pretty good and probably better than the team I cover!🙄

Interesting that they have Colorado St and Utah St above UNLV, but 1-don’t really care what a random guy from the SD thinks and 2-It will sort itself out anyway. We’ve been in this situation before (just last year) and seen things unravel so more worried about them not repeating history.

I can definitely see how they got there. I dont agree at all (fundamentally I think CSU and USU have bad losses), but if you look at the one really good team we played, we were destroyed. Now neither USU nor CSU have played a team like Michigan, so you'd have to just go on eye test.

SJSU Opened up with a tough non con, but also lost to Toledo (average g5). They have a little more we can grade against.

I think UNLV deserves to be ahead of those three, but it's kind of a "you beat 3 awful teams and 1 bad team" situation. And UNR, CSU don't change that imo.

Writer loses all credibility by putting a 1-5 team ahead of 4-1...

clown GIF by Team Coco

Jon Wilner is not a San Diego fish hack he writes for the SJ Mercury News and syndicated across several others he is A PAc12 writer
Historically, he is right. Current event he may off. I think the game vs Vanderbilt changed UNLV tragectory for the season. Brum got hurt and Maiava taking over leading the team to victory. This could be a really nice history for UNLV. Same for Brock Purdy and the 49ers and Tom Brady and the NE Patriots.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I get not being impressed with the quality of our wins. But it is a bit ridiculous. I'm guessing SJSU playing a decent half against USC heavily influenced this ranking.

Almost all power rankings have us around 4th or 5th. MW connection has had us 4th for a while, and they know the MW better than a PAC guy.

Interesting to see how play against the top of the conference. Which will be the top 3 in 4 weeks after CSU next week.

To be fair, based on the level of competition we've faced so far, I'd be hesitant to go too far out on a limb in ranking us highly. However, we've beaten the teams we should, including a 50-50 game against a Vandy team that had higher expectations this year compared to years past.

All we can do is continue beating the teams we should, and hopefully be competitive enough in the tougher games remaining (AFA, Fresno, Wyoming, and maybe even SJSU) that we give ourselves a chance to win.

To be fair, based on the level of competition we've faced so far, I'd be hesitant to go too far out on a limb in ranking us highly. However, we've beaten the teams we should, including a 50-50 game against a Vandy team that had higher expectations this year compared to years past.

All we can do is continue beating the teams we should, and hopefully be competitive enough in the tougher games remaining (AFA, Fresno, Wyoming, and maybe even SJSU) that we give ourselves a chance to win.
If UNLV win all the games that it should for the rest of the season, we will beat Reno and CSU. Bowl qualified. Huge accomplishment for UNLV. Bigger is the fact that UNLV will be 6-1. Boom! Mind blown.

I have no doubt that the coaches and players see how little respect they are getting, and hopefully are using it for motivation!

All you need to do is look at how badly SJSU lost to USC (28), Oregon St. (25), and Air Force (25) as well as a complete collapse in the second half against BSU. USC struggled to beat Colorado and Arizona and in no way are they as good as Michigan. I would say that Michigan would have been at least a 10 point favorite over USC at home.

Boise State got destroyed by Washington (37) and lost to UCF at home (this team has only won over Kent and Villanova, and lost by 29 to Kansas)

Utah State struggled to win by 1 over 129 ranked Connecticut and doesn't have a win over any team ranked better than 108th in CSU.

Colorado State only has two wins with the best being over 120th ranked MTSU and a win over Utah Tech.

None of the teams above have one games over any teams better than UNLV beat. Losing to good teams doesn't mean much when you get blown out.

UNLV should be ranked 4th or 5th in the conference and will just need to keep winning to prove they are a better team.

i don’t think UNLV deserves anything at this point. We’re a perennial bottom dweller. Now, this power ranking has to be a joke…but beat Reno on Saturday. That’s all that matters right now.

Noted. But that flaming, whorehouse red applies to you and the rest of the riff raff that populate this site

Wolfie school is down to one RB and have their CB transferred out. Sad state of affair in Reno.

Yeah-and that one rb. is shell shocked. Our wrs. can't catch but usually they are covered. Offensive line can't pass or run block. Defensively, we're ranked in the bottom 10. Offensively, we're ranked in the bottom 10. The next td. pass our starting qb. throws, will be his first of the year. We are the bonafide worst team in the nation. Want to make some headlines, redhead? Lose to us and you'll be nationwide.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Yeah-and that one rb. is shell shocked. Our wrs. can't catch but usually they are covered. Offensive line can't pass or run block. Defensively, we're ranked in the bottom 10. Offensively, we're ranked in the bottom 10. The next td. pass our starting qb. throws, will be his first of the year. We are the bonafide worst team in the nation. Want to make some headlines, redhead? Lose to us and you'll be nationwide.

fun read.

I forgot in the other thead where I listed the former coaches of Mario Cristobal’s coaching tree that like him can’t coach, UNLVs last coach already fired, BSU coach I assume will be fired and also the Reno coach as well who is 2-15 so far.

I forgot in the other thead where I listed the former coaches of Mario Cristobal’s coaching tree that like him can’t coach, UNLVs last coach already fired, BSU coach I assume will be fired and also the Reno coach as well who is 2-15 so far.
Reno made a paper machete of the cannon...a replica of the cannon. LOL
Listen to the press conference by their coach..:)

Last edited:
Wolfie school is down to one RB and have their CB transferred out. Sad state of affair in Reno.
But they're happy because they might be getting a privately funded off campus arena with less capacity that they can time share at Tahoes truck stop...
Reno made a paper machete of the cannon...a replica of the cannon. LOL
Listen to the press conference by their coach..:)
Lol... like a piñata...

Actually a Paper Machete replica is a perfect analogy for Reno with regards to Vegas...

It's basically a paper Machete Vegas

But they're happy because they might be getting a privately funded off campus arena with less capacity that they can time share at Tahoes truck stop...

Lol... like a piñata...

Actually a Paper Machete replica is a perfect analogy for Reno with regards to Vegas...

It's basically a paper Machete Vegas
Man, I dont know wether to laugh or just feel sorry them. They're so f*cking pathetic. UNLV just need to win and get out off there with injury free as possible. I got a feeling that this will be like the UTEP game all over again...where they ask us to feel sorry for them afterward. No!

Reactions: RebelScrub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT