ADVERTISEMENT

Tark rolling over in his grave

he's probably throwing up knowing we are underdogs to SJST

Honestly, he'd probably be putting big money on The Rebels +1.5. It's a good bet.
money-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!...(2 Wks 'til Spring Training!)
baseball-hitter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Honestly, he'd probably be putting big money on The Rebels +1.5. It's a good bet.
money-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!...(2 Wks 'til Spring Training!)
baseball-hitter-smiley-emoticon.gif
Bet the money line instead. UNLV should smoke SJSU. No fans show up, friendly venue, travel is simple (as opposed to Laramie, Ft Collins, etc), they're not very good, they're reeling, UNLV is progressing a little bit ... I think it's going to be a double digit game.

I'm trying to think of the last time UNLV lost to SJSU... might be back in the latter half of the 90's... I recall a skirmish between Rich Taylor, Keon Clark and Sunshine Smith. Alleged racial epithets and the like... I think SJSU beat us at their place that year.

I was stuck at work I didn't see the game luckily. I thought I saw on the unlv basketball Facebook page we won 76-72 I was like sweet, then I logged into my stations account and was like wtf it lost?

WH is a bunch of pansies if you have a clue. Unless your betting big $, they all typically clone one another on the lines and odds anyways. Just split your money between the 2 and toss in Cantor if you are worried about a 1/2 point here and there (yes it does come into play)

Everyone tells me William Hill has better odds. I used to have Stations and switched to WH but it didn't work on my phone for some strange reason. I decided to not sign back up at Stations, though.
Stations updated their app awhile back and it's causing me to have to swing back by there. Well, I got the app so I didn't have to go to the books. I haven't had the time to go there and unlock it or whatever they are going to do.

It's a pain. Switch this on, this one, geofencing blah, blah, blah.

I'm glad it didn't work last game. I was going to go heavy with Rebels money line and obviously they blew it. Even after seeing that SJSU team, I don't see how their a favorite over many teams. They are brutal.

I've been with GTBets for the past year. They're not bad, and speaking of "the hook" (½-point) they let you choose two teams in each sport to designate as favorites. You get an extra ½-point every time you bet them. I can tell you that I’ve won bets that would have pushed, and pushed ones I would have lost, several times.

I have been on many sites over the years, all-the-way back to phone accounts with Palace Station and The Orleans, pre-internet. I’ve left a few due to bad baseball lines. It’s my favorite sport to bet. But some books have moved to 20-cent lines. I’ll only play with 10-cent lines.

I’m not a huge money bettor, but whether I’ve got $20 or $200 riding on a game, the excitement level and desire to win is the same. To me, handicapping, and having your logic prove to be a winner, is the rush of sports betting. I’ll never understand guys who pay professional handicappers to make their picks.

Sometimes, like with the Rebel game vs San Jose St, you may pick the right side, and still lose. Anyone who’s really paying attention knows that UNLV is the better team. You can’t plan for a 13-minute gap in scoring. It’s a fluke. If they played again tomorrow, I’d take the Rebels at that line, again.

I bet a couple of hundred on the Patriots before the playoffs began at +170, so if they win I'll collect $540. Do you gamblers out there think I should try for a hedge win? Bet the Falcons+3 and hope the Pats win by 1 or 2.
teacher-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

I'm not much of a hedger unless your talking life changing money. You are sitting in an extremely +ev position, giving up an edge isn't wise imo.

But the Falcons roll (I'm a falcons fan so a tad bias)

But if your looking for some free money, express bets is offering up a free 1k with 5k wagered. Horse racing. You can play 3/5 or 4/5 horses to show to clear the rollover. They release $20 for every $100 wagered. Expected loss on the intial 5k should be around 6-8%. This is a decent promo if you don't mind the grind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT