ADVERTISEMENT

Staring QB named

This shouldn't come as a shocker to anyone around here. Glad to hear the decision has been made.

Personally, I'm looking forward to KP receiving some snaps as a change-of-pace player. However, I'd really like to see decisions being made situationally as opposed to just giving KP an entire drive. I remember against NIU last year, KP came in and got us a rushing TD really quickly, but then later in the game, he was brought in for another series and got completely shut down. If we have a 3rd-and-medium-to-long, I don't want KP on the field.

Can't wait for Thursday.

This shouldn't come as a shocker to anyone around here. Glad to hear the decision has been made.

Personally, I'm looking forward to KP receiving some snaps as a change-of-pace player. However, I'd really like to see decisions being made situationally as opposed to just giving KP an entire drive. I remember against NIU last year, KP came in and got us a rushing TD really quickly, but then later in the game, he was brought in for another series and got completely shut down. If we have a 3rd-and-medium-to-long, I don't want KP on the field.

Can't wait for Thursday.

I hated the timing of Palandech's second half series in the NIU game.

Feel the same way about any possible QB rotation.

Committing Kurt to a series is not the way to go. I get it, you don't want to ruin a kid's confidence. But If KP gets in a 3rd and Long, he should not be lining up at QB. Period.

Put him in for some plays here and there, but don't kill a drive just for his feeling's sake.

Put him in for some plays here and there, but don't kill a drive just for his feeling's sake.
I wouldn't go that far. Any PT Kurt gets won't be "for his feeling's sake," it will be to make sure that he stays ready to play in case Johnny gets injured, or it will be because he is a change of pace guy that can do some real damage with his legs in the open field (and hopefully hit an open receiver off play action).

I wouldn't go that far. Any PT Kurt gets won't be "for his feeling's sake," it will be to make sure that he stays ready to play in case Johnny gets injured, or it will be because he is a change of pace guy that can do some real damage with his legs in the open field (and hopefully hit an open receiver off play action).

Last year I had zero confidence that Kurt could make a play with his arm pretty much on any down, but especially in 3rd and 4th and long situations. Sure he made spectacular plays with his legs, but you can't rely on that in a consistent basis.

I know, I know. KP looks better so far. However, there are a lot of reports that say that he has some of the same problems. But I'm in the believe it when I see it camp, especially when the lights are on in real game situations.

My point is that if we are in a 3rd in long on a key play, and it's Kurt's series, but Stanton would be better equipped to handle that situation, then I say put Johnny in. I don't like wasting a drive just so a QB can finish his series.

Now if the game is no longer in question either due to a blowout in either direction, sure keep him in there to see what he can do. But if its close, then no thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT