ADVERTISEMENT

I assume you guys follow the Raiders?

Former Coug QB Gardner Minshew headed your way. Very happy for Minshew, hopefully Raiders will be too.

You know what the say about assuming! Not many Jokeland fans here that I'm aware of.

Former Coug QB Gardner Minshew headed your way. Very happy for Minshew, hopefully Raiders will be too.

I think of him more as an ECU Pirate.

Pro bowl last year. Cheap for today's starting qb's. Short with not a strong arm but led Indi to almost a playoff.

Excellent backup but borderline starter I hope that isn’t their long term QB plan? This is fine if they still draft Nix, Penix etc to sit behind him a year.

Never heard of 'em🤔🤣😆

$15 million guaranteed. Sweet. I watched him at Wazzu. I like the guy. Hope he helps the team.

Hell no..

I mean yes, if by follow you mean relish in them losing. Laughing at the mere thought of that dude that paints himself all silver and black having to Scrub that paint off his face, crying as black and silver disappointment swirls down the drain.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelinWA
Hell no..

I mean yes, if by follow you mean relish in them losing. Laughing at the mere thought of that dude that paints himself all silver and black having to Scrub that paint off his face, crying as black and silver disappointment swirls down the drain.
How interesting. Well suffice it to say I hate the Raiders myself, and so do other Cougs (doesn't pretty much everybody in the US except unstable people?). That said, our fellow Coug getting a chance to be a starter again by means other than injury make us happy.

Oh and to Joe's post - you forgot my favorite Raider:

How interesting. Well suffice it to say I hate the Raiders myself, and so do other Cougs (doesn't pretty much everybody in the US except unstable people?). That said, our fellow Coug getting a chance to be a starter again by means other than injury make us happy.

I could watch this on a loop

:) :)

• Haha
Reactions: rebneck

Not many people who were fans of other teams 'adopted' the Raiders when they came here.

Golden Knights were home grown and Vegas' first true pro franchise. They are more loved in town.

Strongly recommend next trip out to Vegas catching a Knights game.

Moved to Pullman when I graduated high school to get residency. Long story short never went to college but spent some time up there living the college life without paying for it. It was Luke Falks breakout year along with Leach’s first successful season in Pullman. It also helped that my best friend here in town happened to be Leach’s nephew so I easily became a huge fan and went to every single game. Went to a couple of the basketball games but at the time they weren’t good and nothing will ever replace the Rebs for me. It was buried into me from childhood. But boy was the football fun. Moved back here to pursue my job, but made trips back up for games and to visit my old roommates. Drove 16 hours in one day for the usc game in 2017. Rushed the field. I didn’t think it could get any better than that. And then Minshew comes along. I’ve never loved a college player more than him. His single season there was unreal and and paired with Leach, it was just special on and off the field. He brought college game day to Pullman. An event that for the few years prior seemed to be purposefully letting Coug fans down by not holding it there. I have been on team Minshew ever since. I found myself hoping for injuries to the starters at every stop in the NFL. Awful I know. Then a couple of months ago I told my buddy that the raiders should just go get him. Why not? If there is a quarterback in the league right now that is as weird and unique as our city, it’s him. My dream came true. I’m not saying he’s a QB that is going to take us to a Super Bowl all by himself. But he’s going to make it fun. I just got a million times more excited for this next season. I’ll be buying that jersey pronto.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Moved to Pullman when I graduated high school to get residency. Long story short never went to college but spent some time up there living the college life without paying for it. It was Luke Falks breakout year along with Leach’s first successful season in Pullman. It also helped that my best friend here in town happened to be Leach’s nephew so I easily became a huge fan and went to every single game. Went to a couple of the basketball games but at the time they weren’t good and nothing will ever replace the Rebs for me. It was buried into me from childhood. But boy was the football fun. Moved back here to pursue my job, but made trips back up for games and to visit my old roommates. Drove 16 hours in one day for the usc game in 2017. Rushed the field. I didn’t think it could get any better than that. And then Minshew comes along. I’ve never loved a college player more than him. His single season there was unreal and and paired with Leach, it was just special on and off the field. He brought college game day to Pullman. An event that for the few years prior seemed to be purposefully letting Coug fans down by not holding it there. I have been on team Minshew ever since. I found myself hoping for injuries to the starters at every stop in the NFL. Awful I know. Then a couple of months ago I told my buddy that the raiders should just go get him. Why not? If there is a quarterback in the league right now that is as weird and unique as our city, it’s him. My dream came true. I’m not saying he’s a QB that is going to take us to a Super Bowl all by himself. But he’s going to make it fun. I just got a million times more excited for this next season. I’ll be buying that jersey pronto.
Yeah that 2017 win against Darnold was one for the ages. Will miss the Pac-12. Gameday in 2018 was wild. I was there for that. Rece Davis - "Holy shit Pullman!"

Relocating an NFL team to Vegas the land of implants with intact team allegiances was dumb to begin with. Maybe good for resorts but not locals. It should have been an expansion franchise or at least switch them up with the Chargers, they could have been better adopted locally. The Raiders belong in LA anyways playing in SoFi. That's where all their fans are.

Relocating an NFL team to Vegas the land of implants with intact team allegiances was dumb to begin with. Maybe good for resorts but not locals. It should have been an expansion franchise or at least switch them up with the Chargers, they could have been better adopted locally. The Raiders belong in LA anyways playing in SoFi. That's where all their fans are.
I think they thought Vegas had a lot of Raiders fans, that is who I rooted for growing up in Vegas.

Not many people who were fans of other teams 'adopted' the Raiders when they came here.

Golden Knights were home grown and Vegas' first true pro franchise. They are more loved in town.

Strongly recommend next trip out to Vegas catching a Knights game.
I adopted the Raiders, and also know a lot of other people that did, but I also know a lot of people who stuck with the teams they already followed. In my case, I wasn't really tied to any other program that closely. Also considering the number of people moving to Las Vegas from California, they have a lot of existing Raider fans that live in Las Vegas.

I adopted the Raiders, and also know a lot of other people that did, but I also know a lot of people who stuck with the teams they already followed. In my case, I wasn't really tied to any other program that closely. Also considering the number of people moving to Las Vegas from California, they have a lot of existing Raider fans that live in Las Vegas.

All I know is what the crowd looks like with visiting teams.

You see it at Knights games occasionally when they play original 6 teams and Edmonton where a ton of away fans show up. With 42 home games makes sense to give up a game or two and recoup some money for next season tix.

With only 8/9 home games in NFL you'd think diehards would be less willing to part with tix since you have less opportunities to see your team.

But Raiders? Pittsburgh fans absolutrly over ran Allegiant. Same with Chiefs. Hell Comanders fans probably filled 20% of stadium. 49rs fans same thing.

The Raiders are a hobo organization that despite being one of the more profitable franchises somehow had to leave Oakland, then had to Leave LA, and then Oakland again.

If we're talking purely about which team people are more passionate about in Vegas' its the Knights and its not close. Raiders have their fair share of fans sure, but that's more because of the overall popularity of football over hockey.

100%

Reactions: ckfitz
All I know is what the crowd looks like with visiting teams.

You see it at Knights games occasionally when they play original 6 teams and Edmonton where a ton of away fans show up. With 42 home games makes sense to give up a game or two and recoup some money for next season tix.

With only 8/9 home games in NFL you'd think diehards would be less willing to part with tix since you have less opportunities to see your team.

But Raiders? Pittsburgh fans absolutely over ran Allegiant. Same with Chiefs. Hell Comanders fans probably filled 20% of stadium. 49rs fans same thing.

The Raiders are a hobo organization that despite being one of the more profitable franchises somehow had to leave Oakland, then had to Leave LA, and then Oakland again.

If we're talking purely about which team people are more passionate about in Vegas' its the Knights and its not close. Raiders have their fair share of fans sure, but that's more because of the overall popularity of football over hockey.

The other way of looking at it. Football is more of an event. only 8 ( now sometimes 9) home games a year. It is the most popular sport in the country by far.

Also this is Vegas, people love Vegas. Also Allegiant is also a bit of a destination it itself.

The other part of that is Vegas is small for a football city. Sure there are other smaller cities with successful franchises and teams. But Vegas is a bit unique in the fact that it is on a bit of a land locked island, with not much population beyond the extended Vegas area. In a sparsely populated state.

I do think the Raiders do have a bit of a national following, and a Southern California following that has infiltrated the Vegas area. I remember back in the day the Raiders would play some of their games locally that were not national broadcasts.

I do think that a new franchise could have more local support, but I don't think it would necessarily have more home team fans, if that makes sense.

I split time between LA & LV now. Have yet to meet or even see a Charger fan in the wild. Nobody cares about them in LA. They have the same issues you mentioned as Raiders do in LV with oppo team fans owning their home stadium. The Raiders ponied up for Allegiant, so that's how it goes and at least it got UNLV a first class NFL stadium. I wouldn't mind a swap with the Chargers. The Raiders are so dysfunctional it's going to wear thin sooner than later.

Last edited:
Ask local F1 fans about that event being good for the likes of you and I.

Disclaimer: If you can find any local F1 fans especially now since they ruin the Strip/15 for several months at a time, at minimum. I mean, they are good for our local politicians who took bribes. I mean, they are good for the city.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I split time between LA & LV now. Have yet to meet or even see a Charger fan in the wild. Nobody cares about them in LA. They have the same issues you mentioned as Raiders do in LV with oppo team fans owning their home stadium. The Raiders ponied up for Allegiant, so that's how it goes and at least it got UNLV a first class NFL stadium. I wouldn't mind a swap with the Chargers. The Raiders are so dysfunctional it's going to wear thin sooner than later.

Could not agree more.

Chargers would have been much more popular in Vegas than the raiders

Tough call.

I think the Chargers would be a more appealing to general fans. Raiders definitely have a love or hate persona. Chargers most people are indifferent about..

I'm a Steeler fan but I would have pulled for Chargers so long as the game didn't impact the Steelers at all. Raiders I root against in all scenarios. Personal anecdotes hardly prove anything so take that for what it's worth. (Pretty much nothing) 🙂

I'm a Steeler fan but I would have pulled for Chargers so long as the game didn't impact the Steelers at all. Raiders I root against in all scenarios. Personal anecdotes hardly prove anything so take that for what it's worth. (Pretty much nothing) 🙂
Ditto. I've always had a soft spot for the Chargers as I have a lot of friends and fond memories in San Diego. But as a Steelers fan, there's very few teams I root against harder than the Raiders, and I certainly don't believe that the Raiders are done moving--if you were in Vegas and already a Raiders fan you're stoked (and there were a lot of them in fairness), but if you already had an NFL team you weren't going to switch allegiances to the team that has moved 3 times in 40 years.

Nix will be 24 or 25 by the time NFL season starts, for Penix-needs a good QB Coach, he has horrible feet throwing the ball, has talent, was injured alot at Indiana.

I think there are significantly more Raider lovers than haters. I agree that the Raiders can be a bit divisive, but so are most popular teams. For sure the Raiders have a significantly stronger fan base than the Chargers and a bit of a built in Vegas fan base. Mostly because of the LA influence and their history with SoCal.

That being said, I do think over time locals would have adopted the Chargers a bit more. Just because it would be closer to a home grown team just because their following is relatively small and they are inoffensive.

Initially Raiders sell more tickets, and possibly would over time as well.

Ditto. I've always had a soft spot for the Chargers as I have a lot of friends and fond memories in San Diego. But as a Steelers fan, there's very few teams I root against harder than the Raiders, and I certainly don't believe that the Raiders are done moving--if you were in Vegas and already a Raiders fan you're stoked (and there were a lot of them in fairness), but if you already had an NFL team you weren't going to switch allegiances to the team that has moved 3 times in 40 years.
Maybe the Raiders move in the future, but they have a long run on their 29 year lease agreement at Allegiant Stadium.

Reactions: dcut03
Maybe the Raiders move in the future, but they have a long run on their 29 year lease agreement at Allegiant Stadium.
I just don't trust any NFL team apart from 3-4 to ever stay put in this day and age, and legal agreements have a hard time standing up to money and pressure of the NFL. But your point is super valid and I just don't trust the Davis family not to weasel out of it some how haha

Agree with everything. I just find it weird that a stadium was being built in Inglewood the same time as Allegiant (roughly) and they aren't playing there. That is 100% Raider fan territory. I mean, if I was a Raider I'd rather play there, where the fanbase is already baked in the cake.

Agree with everything. I just find it weird that a stadium was being built in Inglewood the same time as Allegiant (roughly) and they aren't playing there. That is 100% Raider fan territory. I mean, if I was a Raider I'd rather play there, where the fanbase is already baked in the cake.
I don't blame them for not wanting to be a tenant in their home stadium and play second fiddle to the Rams. The Chargers will forever be an also ran in that stadium.

I don't blame them for not wanting to be a tenant in their home stadium and play second fiddle to the Rams. The Chargers will forever be an also ran in that stadium.
Fair point. The only thing I care about really is UNLV and we got a top notch NFL stadium out of it. I also appreciate how Davis has donated to UNLV, involved with the Aces and locally, etc. the relationship seems to be going nicely.

Fair point. The only thing I care about really is UNLV and we got a top notch NFL stadium out of it. I also appreciate how Davis has donated to UNLV, involved with the Aces and locally, etc. the relationship seems to be going nicely.
While I'm a Steelers fan first and foremost, Davis is doing some good things in the community overall.

I doubt that the A's will come close to matching that. In fact, they are already appearing to be snake oil salesmen in that the renderings of the stadium don't appear to be an option at all (unless you knock out all of the apartments and close the roads in that area). They seem to be paying off the right politicians, though, so they have that in their favor.

Agreed, his donations to UNLV have been nice and the stadium is obviously a huge upgrade. Plus the city has made out like crazy on the stadium I read they are on track to earn their contribution back by I believe the end of 2025. That won't be the last SB they get. The city will do very nicely on their investment.

Considering the Super Bowl brought in between $700,000,00 - 1,100,000,000, it was a huge event for the economy. Considering all the other events that come to Allegiant stadium, it brings thousands of good jobs, and is a huge boost to our economy beyond that of any other stadium in this country.

The stadium has also been a huge boost in attendance for UNLV which averaged 19,864 in 2019 and has jumped to 23,661 in 2023 with the MWC championship game having an attendance of 31,473 (MWC record) which was about 75% plus UNLV fans. Most of the fan boost was already prior to coach Odom taking over, so my expectation is that will jump up to around 30K this next season, which would have never happened in the old stadium. Does anyone believe Odom would have come to UNLV as a coach in Sam Boyd Stadium? Even with UNLV paying far more to the current coach staff than in the past, UNLV is now making a nice profit compared to losing a million plus a year in the old stadium.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Considering the Super Bowl brought in between $700,000,00 - 1,100,000,000, it was a huge event for the economy. Considering all the other events that come to Allegiant stadium, it brings thousands of good jobs, and is a huge boost to our economy beyond that of any other stadium in this country.
When I read the article about the city paying off its investment the main theme of the article was that it was the most profitable stadium in the world in 2023. So that was without the SB, can’t imagine what the numbers look like this year.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
When I read the article about the city paying off its investment the main theme of the article was that it was the most profitable stadium in the world in 2023. So that was without the SB, can’t imagine what the numbers look like this year.
They were getting the top level prices for the rooms which are at least 3x what they normally received, which triples the tax money used to pay for the bond! An example is the Bellagio, Aria, and Venetian rooms started at $1,500 per night for that week. The average room rate for the Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas was just under $800 per night.

Hotel guests in Las Vegas during Super Bowl 2024 paid the highest room rates in continental U.S. history, according to an analysis by CoStar’s STR.

The average daily rate on Saturday and Sunday during Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas was $758 and $808, respectively.

The game had a higher-than-expected economic impact on Vegas. February 2024 was likely the best month in Vegas’ economic history, said Steve Hill, CEO and president of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. The weekend was also the biggest in Nevada’s gaming history, besting expectations.

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
They were getting the top level prices for the rooms which are at least 3x what they normally received, which triples the tax money used to pay for the bond! An example is the Bellagio, Aria, and Venetian rooms started at $1,500 per night for that week. The average room rate for the Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas was just under $800 per night.

Hotel guests in Las Vegas during Super Bowl 2024 paid the highest room rates in continental U.S. history, according to an analysis by CoStar’s STR.

The average daily rate on Saturday and Sunday during Super Bowl weekend in Las Vegas was $758 and $808, respectively.

The game had a higher-than-expected economic impact on Vegas. February 2024 was likely the best month in Vegas’ economic history, said Steve Hill, CEO and president of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. The weekend was also the biggest in Nevada’s gaming history, besting expectations.
The SB brings in the $$ that's for sure.

Reactions: dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT