ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody help me understand..

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
From what I understand UNLV will be taking three buses loaded with students up to Reno for the game this weekend. Which I thought was pretty cool.

What I don't understand is they complain about the stadium being to far from campus but they will pile into a bus and go to Reno? I know Sam Boyd may not be the most state of the art facility in the world, but taking a bus to Reno seems more like a punishment than an entertaining road trip.

If you've ever been to Reno you'd know that "punishment" is sugar coating it. Reno is ugly on its prettiest day.

I was stuck there for an entire week for work about 10 years ago...I still wake in cold sweats some nights from the memory of it.

Its an over glorified truck stop with a bad imitation downtown Vegas that looks like it was won as a ceral box prize. Tahoe is nice. Thats about it.

Reactions: j. spilotro
When the pride of Reno revolves around its bowling alley it's easy to understand why that place reeks.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I was stuck in Reno for 5 years. Honestly, I think the best thing about Reno is getting out of town. There are some really nice places outside of Reno, like Tahoe, Pyramid Lake, and others, but Reno itself is pretty bad. I moved there with my parents when I was in middle school and had to stay through high school. I was so glad to get out of there.

Your perception of what people in Reno value and take pride in is as skewed as ever.
Well I know they value a really good McRib sandwich. I also know they were bursting with pride when they found out an Ikea was opening up. Because nothing says your city is making it quite like an Ikea.

From what I understand UNLV will be taking three buses loaded with students up to Reno for the game this weekend. Which I thought was pretty cool.

What I don't understand is they complain about the stadium being to far from campus but they will pile into a bus and go to Reno? I know Sam Boyd may not be the most state of the art facility in the world, but taking a bus to Reno seems more like a punishment than an entertaining road trip.
I get what you're saying but I think the majority of the students who are bussing it up to Reno, are the same ones that do show up at SBS for games. I don't think you're getting the casual student saying "hey road trip to Reno" but I could be wrong. I know when they bussed to the San Diego State game, you did get folks not wanting to go for the game but to get the SD cheaply and easily. But Reno is another story.

I get what you're saying but I think the majority of the students who are bussing it up to Reno, are the same ones that do show up at SBS for games. I don't think you're getting the casual student saying "hey road trip to Reno" but I could be wrong. I know when they bussed to the San Diego State game, you did get folks not wanting to go for the game but to get the SD cheaply and easily. But Reno is another story.
You would think that but the ones that do show up consistently might fill one bus. I'm trying to figure out where the other two bus loads came from. Glad to see them going, just wish they were this motivated to support football all the time.

Yeah a free trip to San Diego I get, Reno, not so much.

You would think that but the ones that do show up consistently might fill one bus. I'm trying to figure out where the other two bus loads came from. Glad to see them going, just wish they were this motivated to support football all the time.
I would guess that the sororities and fraternities make up a large portion of those traveling up North this week. The rivalry game always seems to bring them out.

I would guess that the sororities and fraternities make up a large portion of those traveling up North this week. The rivalry game always seems to bring them out.
Must be because there couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 hundred students in their section for the last game (That is probably generous). I realize Idaho State wasn't a premier game but student section was really sad last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT