ADVERTISEMENT

Some coaches are asking me to reply to the fanbases of other schools/tweet certain things

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
They are DMing me on Twitter asking me to do this. This is an interesting tactic and comes off weird/desperate to me lol. It might just be me though. What are yalls thoughts?

Reactions: RebelScrub
They are DMing me on Twitter asking me to do this. This is an interesting tactic and comes off weird/desperate to me lol. It might just be me though. What are yalls thoughts?
Not sure what you're asking. Is it high school or college coaches that are asking you to reply to other schools? Either way, yeah, it seems a bit weird.

Reactions: lobbybuu
Like akin to the Rebellion or SDSU Show twitter accounts that just talk mess back and forth?

Or like dispelling rumors about recruitment? Something else?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It can get offensive. Imagine when coaches contact you wanting you to be a mouthpiece and soften everything they are doing wrong, not only soften, but flat out lie about it.

I hate people like that.

Our coaches are asking you to respond to other teams' fan base? That would be weird.
Other teams coaches asking about our team, that would be treacherous.

Reactions: lobbybuu
Yes, it is some members of our own coaching staff asking me to reply to other fanbases or to post stuff for them to get publicity.

I agree with Joe, its like being a mouthpiece and the whole thing is weird.

Coaches probably need to be very careful with their social media presence. It's reasonable that there may be some messages they'd like to get out (or shut down), but don't have the freedom to say it. I say go for it! Do some clandestine dirty work that benefits the program. It could be fun. You've built a decent reputation, so I'd also encourage you to be careful with any blatant lies--if that's what they are asking.

Coaches probably need to be very careful with their social media presence. It's reasonable that there may be some messages they'd like to get out (or shut down), but don't have the freedom to say it. I say go for it! Do some clandestine dirty work that benefits the program. It could be fun. You've built a decent reputation, so I'd also encourage you to be careful with any blatant lies--if that's what they are asking.
I feel what you're saying, but what they want me to reply to is other fanbases trash talk during recruiting battles. Thats lame to me because every fanbase is going to talk trash. Its part of the game but some coaches choose to be butt hurt lol.

Also some have gotten mad at me when I tweet out that a recruit is visiting....after the recruit has already tweeted out that they're visiting. On multiple occasions, a coach has gotten mad at me for hinting at a commitment when the position coach already tweeted out jackpot emojis. Its very easy to put two and two together lol, but im painted out to be the bad guy.

One of the coaches used to be on my neck all the time; sending expletives and accusing me of this and that, then lied to me about how someone on staff had never talked to a recruit before and how he was never on campus (when in reality, he was on campus multiple times this spring and summer and definitely talked to the coaches). He was acting like the recruit wasnt going to be a take. That recruit is now committed...

I feel what you're saying, but what they want me to reply to is other fanbases trash talk during recruiting battles. Thats lame to me because every fanbase is going to talk trash. Its part of the game but some coaches choose to be butt hurt lol.

Also some have gotten mad at me when I tweet out that a recruit is visiting....after the recruit has already tweeted out that they're visiting. On multiple occasions, a coach has gotten mad at me for hinting at a commitment when the position coach already tweeted out jackpot emojis. Its very easy to put two and two together lol, but im painted out to be the bad guy.

One of the coaches used to be on my neck all the time; sending expletives and accusing me of this and that, then lied to me about how someone on staff had never talked to a recruit before and how he was never on campus (when in reality, he was on campus multiple times this spring and summer and definitely talked to the coaches). He was acting like the recruit wasnt going to be a take. That recruit is now committed...
I think I prefer things to be more organic than contrived. And if I’m asked to, for instance, talk the schedule up instead of bashing it (when it’s rated as the 324th best OOC schedule in the country) … I have a big problem with it. Because they’re asking you to compromise integrity … and then threatening if you don’t. Gtfoh and head to Drais, grab a drink.

It’s the bad part of social media and the instantaneous nature. Coaches cannot ignore it, but they can’t really dive into it, either. So they have to use people (but some will do it their selves) … I don’t like much of that part of it … kiss ass, write favorable pieces even when things are sour, get more access, more info, info of which may be more of the same bs … it’s all narrative control and I don’t like that. Some coaches are incredibly into narrative, others not so much …. If they spent that time spent on spin on the program, they’d probably have better results.

It started long ago, it probably always existed, it used to exist more outside of the sports genre … but it leaked through to that heavily and it poisons every day news, sports and everything else now.

Isn't that what coach burner accounts were for... lol, going after other fan bases during recruiting is jr high level stuff by the staff if that's what they want you to do... why not go grab a few students and have them do it and give them like free gear or something... I got tired of opposing fans coming after me years after I graduated just out of nowhere, can't imagine purposely picking fights with them over recruiting

I knew that you were Grimala all along!

Like Joe said, say what you think and feel. Being a "politician" is scummy.

You don't reveal things before the players do (that I've seen) so they still get their moment in the sun. Don't praise that we were able to beat (hopefully) this mighty Bryant team when they are a crappy D-12 school.

You haven't been fake yet. Why start now?

Honesty is the best policy. You will lose all credibility with this Community If you don't tell the truth.

Yes, it is some members of our own coaching staff asking me to reply to other fanbases or to post stuff for them to get publicity.

I agree with Joe, its like being a mouthpiece and the whole thing is weird.
Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, etc make good money being mouthpieces.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I knew that you were Grimala all along!

Like Joe said, say what you think and feel. Being a "politician" is scummy.

You don't reveal things before the players do (that I've seen) so they still get their moment in the sun. Don't praise that we were able to beat (hopefully) this mighty Bryant team when they are a crappy D-12 school.

You haven't been fake yet. Why start now?
He has better info than Grimala

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT