ADVERTISEMENT

So far this season

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
I really like and appreciate the effort of the players and coaches. The Rebels have won all of the games they were expected to win thus far except for the very first game against USA. They are fun to watch and the crowds at the T&M (though small) have been energetic (Big credit to those attending games). Even though this season is touted as a rebuilding year, I feel much more positive now than I did when Rollie Massimino was coaching and only 3,000 people were showing up and they were all bored.

As far as the play goes I love that we have guys that can hit shots in big moments (Tyrell Green with 1:10 left last night hits the big 3 when it was tied 61 all and the Rebels never looked back). Free throws are much better this year (though JoJo missed the front end of 1 & 1 twice last night. He made up for it by hitting two later). Got to work on cutting way down on turnovers. If D. Morgan and C. Jones can ever get healthy, I think the Rebels will exceed most of the expectations people had for them for this year.

I picked UNLV to win 20-21 games this year. Despite two bigs always seem to be injured, CMM managed to get this rag tag team to finish above .500 in the OOC play is an achievement. Someone picked UNLV to win 6 total games this year, so that person is happy. 6 wins for the year!

I really like and appreciate the effort of the players and coaches. The Rebels have won all of the games they were expected to win thus far except for the very first game against USA. They are fun to watch and the crowds at the T&M (though small) have been energetic (Big credit to those attending games). Even though this season is touted as a rebuilding year, I feel much more positive now than I did when Rollie Massimino was coaching and only 3,000 people were showing up and they were all bored.

As far as the play goes I love that we have guys that can hit shots in big moments (Tyrell Green with 1:10 left last night hits the big 3 when it was tied 61 all and the Rebels never looked back). Free throws are much better this year (though JoJo missed the front end of 1 & 1 twice last night. He made up for it by hitting two later). Got to work on cutting way down on turnovers. If D. Morgan and C. Jones can ever get healthy, I think the Rebels will exceed most of the expectations people had for them for this year.

Agree! The Rebels are improving and playing much better than could have been reasonably expected. I am becoming a big fan of MM. Given an impossible situation with probably the worst returning roster in the country and then no time to recruit, I don't know how he has assembled this good of a team. It will be interesting to see what MM can do with a couple of full recruiting classes. Still need some patience, but the Rebels might really have a team in 2-3 years!!

The person claiming the six wins all season was VegasRebMan.
How's that prediction lmao. next time think before you pretend to be a physcic

Reactions: bcvegaspt
CMM even showing some mid game adjustments? Don't remember CDR ever doing that.
http://runrebs.com/2016/12/19/tyrell-greens-game-winning-shot-unlv-southern-illinois/

At halftime a bunch of us get together behind 104 on the concourse in what we affectionately call Coaches Corner and talk about the game. Last game I said "when is the last time you saw UNLV actually draw up a play that worked to end a half or a game"? Beautiful play executed perfectly. Hats of to the players and coaches.

The person claiming the six wins all season was VegasRebMan.
How's that prediction lmao. next time think before you pretend to be a physcic

Actually I said upside was 12 wins and likely 6-10. From what MM had I still argue this was a reasonable projection. MM is overachieving! I give him tons of credit. But, I am still cautious. The Rebels are at 7-5 (soon to be 7-6). How many MWC games will the Rebels win? If they finish as projected, not many. I am now hopeful they will over-achieve and close to half. Time will tell!

Next time think before you act like an ASS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT