ADVERTISEMENT

SEEMS STRANGE TO SAY

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Seems crazy or strange to say considering our history...

But anything less than 8 wins would feel like disappointment at this point.

Start of the year I thought 5-7 maybe 6-6. I thought team would be better coached but still lack enough horses to get significantly better in the W/L column.

Well six wins are here already and I'm definitely happy about that. But it really feels like 8 is a realistic possibility.

Start of the year I thought 5-7 maybe 6-6. I thought team would be better coached but still lack enough horses to get significantly better in the W/L column.

Well six wins are here already and I'm definitely happy about that. But it really feels like 8 is a realistic possibility.
I agree that I anticipated 5-7 or a 6-6 high for the year. After the UTEP game, week 4 seeing where we were and where future opponents were, it felt very possible to get 3 or 4 more. Since then, we have 3 more and one more thats extremely winnable (UNM).

SJSU feels like it should be a win, but I'll always be concerned about Cordeiro and our defense.

I've said it, but I feel like we get at least one of the other three. Specifically Wyoming I think is gonna be win, but neither AFA nor Fresno St feel as daunting as they once did. Pretty cool feeling!

I really thought 6 was likely. Heading in to the season I thought the schedule was weak (ended up weaker than expected in some ways ( bottom of the is pretty poor) and harder in others (we end playing the top 3 teams which all seem pretty good).
6-8 was my realistic range. But now I think 9 is actually very possible. No team seems unbeatable, but who knows.

I have faith in the staff to make effective game plans and adjust as necessary. Remember all the slow starts under Arroyo? Yeesh.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

I thought 6-6 … schedule wasn’t tough and you figure a brand new guy with experience is going to give you a little oomph.

Unfortunately, that’s still a possibility.

Dont forget We still have New Mexico and SJSU. I am confident we will play well against both. So that is 8 wins right there. The Biggest game of the year is this week vs Fresno. We must play our best game to beat them. They had major issues at Utah State last week. Now we are 10 point underdogs. I like our chances

I think SJSU is a little better than people are giving them credit for. ESPN analytics has that game as a toss up. Almost the same odds as us vs Wyoming.

UNLV 50.3% WYO 49.7%
UNLV 51.6% SJSU 48.4%

I think SJSU will have 5 wins coming into that game and be motivated for #6 and a bowl.

New Mexico is the only game I view as a true we “should” win. The schedule is definitely back loaded and we’ll be tested every week now. I could actually see us winning each of the remaining games but every win will be tough.

If we finish with 6 wins I’ll wear Scrub’s rainbow yoga pants.

Those pants are what you would use as punishment for the guy that comes in last in a fantasy football league by making him wear them for a day.

So we are clear, are you saying just the pants? Or the full outfit? Because there was also a green cowboy hat that was part of the ensemble and really tied it together..

Those pants are what you would use as punishment for the guy that comes in last in a fantasy football league by making him wear them for a day.

So we are clear, are you saying just the pants? Or the full outfit? Because there was also a green cowboy hat that was part of the ensemble and really tied it together..
He’s smart. If he pukes all over himself, he doesn’t need to change. He’s just thinking ahead.

I see some of the qualifiers as it relates to UNLV's schedule this year and how it the weak schedule should some how be discussed as a buffer to what has been accomplished to date by going 6-1. UNLV still plays in the MWC. The conference as a whole is the same. The schools and teams are same. The conference wide talent of players is still the same. The difference is that UNLV is no longer the whipping boy of the MWC. UNLV has a much better coaching staff than in the past and better talent. Also, I don't see Odom leaving anytime soon. But if he does, UNLV will be a much more attractive job if that happens because the infrastructure is in place and the willingness to pay the head football coach an attractive salary at this level.

Beat Fresno!

I think at the beginning of the season given the schedule I thought 6 wins was probably our floor if we were going to be an improved team. I thought that 8 wins was probably our ceiling. Now I'm starting to feel like 9 wins is the new ceiling and 7 wins is the new floor. I think between Wyo, @ UNM, and SJSU we can expect one win at least, with 2-1 being pretty likely. I think @ Fresno and @ AFA are both pretty likely Ls.

I think at the beginning of the season given the schedule I thought 6 wins was probably our floor if we were going to be an improved team. I thought that 8 wins was probably our ceiling. Now I'm starting to feel like 9 wins is the new ceiling and 7 wins is the new floor. I think between Wyo, @ UNM, and SJSU we can expect one win at least, with 2-1 being pretty likely. I think @ Fresno and @ AFA are both pretty likely Ls.
The way AFA looked without a threat at QB makes them look real vulnerable though... playing injured took away his strength, and even though Navy was awful offensively, AFA was just as bad

The way AFA looked without a threat at QB makes them look real vulnerable though... playing injured took away his strength, and even though Navy was awful offensively, AFA was just as bad
It's odd that they would rather go with a gimpy Larrier to run that offense, vs a back up considering they don't throw it much. He did make that good throw on that bomb, but you would think they would have someone who could be a running threat on that roster.

That AFA backup will 4 weeks of snaps with the first team and 3 other games. He';s going to be in a better place than having to go in for an in game injury. There's no question right now for me that Larrier is the better player, and they haven't announced what the knee injury so I can't say for certain he won't be back. But Air Force hesn't needed good QB play to beat us historically. We have a hard time with the FB Belly stuff, let alone the other parts of the option. I think the 3-3-5 makes for a terrible matchup for a classic wing-t/flexbone option sets, but we've been a little better than historically against the run if you ignore the UTEP and CSU games.

If Mikey Keene's ankle keeps him from the game, I think our chances improve against Fresno a lot more than they will against AFA running Jennings at the QB after 4 full weeks to settle.

He should have to wear them at the following year's fantasy draft 😆

• Haha
That AFA backup will 4 weeks of snaps with the first team and 3 other games. He';s going to be in a better place than having to go in for an in game injury. There's no question right now for me that Larrier is the better player, and they haven't announced what the knee injury so I can't say for certain he won't be back. But Air Force hesn't needed good QB play to beat us historically. We have a hard time with the FB Belly stuff, let alone the other parts of the option. I think the 3-3-5 makes for a terrible matchup for a classic wing-t/flexbone option sets, but we've been a little better than historically against the run if you ignore the UTEP and CSU games.

If Mikey Keene's ankle keeps him from the game, I think our chances improve against Fresno a lot more than they will against AFA running Jennings at the QB after 4 full weeks to settle.
Keep in mind that AFA still has their starter.

It will be interesting to see how his knee holds up the next few weeks and how that may limit him. If he happens to be out when we face them, then that could mean the backup has less experience coming in.

Always and I mean always ignore what happens when the Academies play each other.

They are playing mirror images of each other.

The defenses practice against that offense daily. unlike everyone else that only sees it on film and struggles to replicate it in practice.

I think Navy has moved away from it some this year.

It is very hard to replicate that blocking scheme.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that AFA still has their starter.

It will be interesting to see how his knee holds up the next few weeks and how that may limit him. If he happens to be out when we face them, then that could mean the backup has less experience coming in.
https://gazette.com/sports/air-forc...cle_ce766fd6-6d53-11ee-8cfe-5fbed065d91e.html

Jensen was named the starter on Tuesday of this week, with no time frame for Larrier's return. Calhoun state it would be 'a while'

Near upsets were the rule last week, with a lot of teams laying an egg. Namely, PSU and UW offense failed to show up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT