ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU informed MWC they are leaving.

So that they can owe two conferences exit fees. Nah
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
the Pac 10 is a sinking ship. I wouldn’t go to that conference. They are Big west level after some subtractions.

It would be a dollars and cents decision for me. If we were ahead, after paying off the MWC, then we should do it. Money makes almost everything better.
I'd go even if it were a wash. Even a watered down PAC would be an upgrade, because if it came to that, they would cherry pick the best MW schools to round out the rest of the conference.

If they completely implode at least it would be on record that an existing power school thinks highly enough of us to add. Sure we may be SOL if that were to happen, but there would be a bunch of other schools in the same boat and I'm sure things will work out.

I'd go even if it were a wash. Even a watered down PAC would be an upgrade, because if it came to that, they would cherry pick the best MW schools to round out the rest of the conference.

If they completely implode at least it would be on record that an existing power school thinks highly enough of us to add. Sure we may be SOL if that were to happen, but there would be a bunch of other schools in the same boat and I'm sure things will work out.
I’d go too … what is the future of the MWC, whether we stay or leave? It’ll always been second tier with about 30 other teams.

If the new watered down P-12 sucks, it’ll be in that same group as the MWC, probably a bit better, but it wouldn’t be huge … and it still leaves you on the wrong side of that line of haves and have nots. But it does give us “new life” in a sense, don’t know about you guys, but the games against more than half these MWC teams are just old and boring. I’d welcome the new footprint and perhaps a better chance for the future than stagnating here. Plus I never liked the way this conference was run, don’t know much about the new person but Hair Thompson didn’t do anything to make this conference better.

I’d at least feel like traveling to games in the new P12, if for nothing else, the scenery and vibe of this conference is pretty lame and old. I hated going to Reno, SDSU is just fine, ALBQ is a dump … and the rest are tougher to get to and not much going on either. Just a break in the scenery would be nice.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I’d go too … what is the future of the MWC, whether we stay or leave? It’ll always been second tier with about 30 other teams.

If the new watered down P-12 sucks, it’ll be in that same group as the MWC, probably a bit better, but it wouldn’t be huge … and it still leaves you on the wrong side of that line of haves and have nots. But it does give us “new life” in a sense, don’t know about you guys, but the games against more than half these MWC teams are just old and boring. I’d welcome the new footprint and perhaps a better chance for the future than stagnating here. Plus I never liked the way this conference was run, don’t know much about the new person but Hair Thompson didn’t do anything to make this conference better.

I’d at least feel like traveling to games in the new P12, if for nothing else, the scenery and vibe of this conference is pretty lame and old. I hated going to Reno, SDSU is just fine, ALBQ is a dump … and the rest are tougher to get to and not much going on either. Just a break in the scenery would be nice.
I need to never see the Princeton offense /triple option or whatever you call it again.

Looks like SDSU will have lawyers get involved. The 6.6 Million conference payout was due this week.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT