ADVERTISEMENT

Savon Goodman

Rancher33

Conference POY
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
Savon Goodman is exactly what the Rebels need this year. A semi big guy with a heart and not afraid to bang that doesn't need the ball. To bad!

Hey, if we are fantasizing about players, I was thinking they could use a Larry Bird or Patrick Ewing.

Team needs a scoring PG. Said it all along even tough people disagree..

Doolin is too slow even though he can score, McCaw just isn't there yet as a PG.

3 guard lineup of Vaughn, Doolin, McCaw, Wood and GO would do wonders..

We need a DTJ on this team

Savon on the floor his freshman year was similar to Morgan this year. Both have great motors and athleticism, but haven't quite adjusted to the D1 level yet.

My reference was in regards to Savon when he was a rebel as a freshman. He has since sat out a year after having played a whole season at UNLV, so he's much older and more experienced now, essentially 2 years older than DM is now. However, looking at his freshman stats at UNLV:

Savon Goodman (freshman year)
9 minutes per game
3.6 ppg
2.4 rpg
61% free throws
46% field goal

Dwayne Morgan (this year)
16.8 minutes per game
5.5 ppg
3.3 rpg
69% free throws
38% field goal

I'm thinking Savon doesn't leave his man and go for the block(because he can't block shots)like Dwayne did and probably gets that rebound against New Mexico. Just thinking.

I'm thinking Dave Rice playes Morgan more in the early part of the season and he gets the board ...Idk

Only Kendrick went for the board 4 other guys didn't it's a team meltdown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT