ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego State

Rebelious1

Rebel Legend
Silver Member
Mar 4, 2004
This has to be the most lame athletic department. EVER.

They try to go to Big East and are eventually rejected. They try to go to PAC 12 and the PAC 12 basically disbands rather than accept SDSU. They finally pay to go to PAC 2 and the PAC 2 is no better than MWC. Plus SDSU pays $10M-$20M for a lateral move.

This has to be the most lame athletic department. EVER.

They try to go to Big East and are eventually rejected. They try to go to PAC 12 and the PAC 12 basically disbands rather than accept SDSU. They finally pay to go to PAC 2 and the PAC 2 is no better than MWC. Plus SDSU pays $10M-$20M for a lateral move.
There was a swing and miss of the Big12 too. Not sure how public that was. They thought they had a shot and then Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado fell in their lap. I think SDSU would have made it into the Pac4 if Cal and Stanford hadn't bolted for the ACC.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Thats why I fully expect one of 2 things...
They out of all the schools pay the full fees.. Remember the conference settled with them last time and I dont think they were forced to pay either, I cant see them getting off without paying this time.
Or
They realize that the new Pac 12 isnt exactly the brand they wanted it to be and come crawling back to the MWC...

Thats why I fully expect one of 2 things...
They out of all the schools pay the full fees.. Remember the conference settled with them last time and I dont think they were forced to pay either, I cant see them getting off without paying this time.
Or
They realize that the new Pac 12 isnt exactly the brand they wanted it to be and come crawling back to the MWC...
I do wonder what sort of contract the MW5 teams have signed on to. Since they're all members now, I'd expect that they would all have voting rights to determine who else is invited, and if at equal shares or not. If the group that has announced they're leaving can't agree on an 8th school, that would obviously be a problem. Also, if they were to get a media deal that is either 1)less than expected, or 2) on Amazon or some other streaming platform, then I could definitely see some of the schools having major buyers remorse.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
I do wonder what sort of contract the MW5 teams have signed on to. Since they're all members now, I'd expect that they would all have voting rights to determine who else is invited, and if at equal shares or not. If the group that has announced they're leaving can't agree on an 8th school, that would obviously be a problem. Also, if they were to get a media deal that is either 1)less than expected, or 2) on Amazon or some other streaming platform, then I could definitely see some of the schools having major buyers remorse.
They're not members yet though. The Pac 2 currently are still the only voting members. While I think they are running this as a group decision right now, I also think there could be a lot of buyers remorse and I dont think they can officially be voting members till the conference is formally formed.

They're not members yet though. The Pac 2 currently are still the only voting members. While I think they are running this as a group decision right now, I also think there could be a lot of buyers remorse and I dont think they can officially be voting members till the conference is formally formed.
Is that correct? I thought I saw that when the original 4 MW teams joined, that the new PAC 6 group of schools had equal voting rights for determining the path forward from there. If not, that would be a pretty poor deal for the MW4. Sign on to something that you have no ability to influence.

Not true. They are voting members of the Pac 12 and not the MWC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT