ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE NEWS!

So for all the doom and gloomers...
UNLV fleeced the MWC, did not sign a GOR, and have basically an open clause that lets them leave to a P4 if the invite comes without penalty.. 10 million lump sum Adds 1.5-1.8 million annually in addition to their normal payout... Huge competitive advantage that we just got
yeah. Although the post above you says maybe we did sign a GOR, but either way, if we have the freedom to leave for a P4 conference, given the opportunity, along with the extra funds, that sounds like a win to me.

UNLV fleeced the MWC, did not sign a GOR, and have basically an open clause that lets them leave to a P4 if the invite comes without penalty.. 10 million lump sum Adds 1.5-1.8 million annually in addition to their normal payout... Huge competitive advantage that we just got

I said I'm warming up to it! Jeez!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Where did you read that? It said above that we did sign a GOR.

Is there another choice? You could do a Rod and quit life.

It crossed my mind..🙂

In all seriousness though the fact UNLV didn't agree to grant of rights makes me think (hope) that maybe the BIG12 thing is possible. Still not convinced it is, but feels like maybe there was some headway in talks.

According to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by President Whitfield, the Mountain West will pay an estimated lump sum of $10-to-14 million to UNLV in 2025, and also pay UNLV approximately $1.5-to-1.8 million annually over a six-year period beginning in July 2026. The new payments are on top of the current revenue streams from existing contracts and media assets. The current media deal expires in June 2026 and negotiations for a new media deal will begin in the near future. The university will also have the flexibility to explore future membership in an autonomous “Power Four” conference without penalty should the opportunity become available.

According to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by President Whitfield, the Mountain West will pay an estimated lump sum of $10-to-14 million to UNLV in 2025, and also pay UNLV approximately $1.5-to-1.8 million annually over a six-year period beginning in July 2026. The new payments are on top of the current revenue streams from existing contracts and media assets. The current media deal expires in June 2026 and negotiations for a new media deal will begin in the near future. The university will also have the flexibility to explore future membership in an autonomous “Power Four” conference without penalty should the opportunity become available.
Very good deal if true. Especially the P4 move without penalty

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT