ADVERTISEMENT

Reno Prediction thread.

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Heart says 27-24 UNLV. Mind saying same score the other way. I think it will be very similar to the game two years ago.

As encouraged as I am with the obvious strides being made, I have to believe there are still going to be a few more bumps in the road.

I do think however if UNLV beats UNR this weekend, they could possibly get to 6 wins on the year. Which would be a great accomplishment for the players and coaches both.

I hope unlv breaks every record it broke against idaho when it takes back the cannon.

Heart says 27-24 UNLV. Mind saying same score the other way. I think it will be very similar to the game two years ago.

As encouraged as I am with the obvious strides being made, I have to believe there are still going to be a few more bumps in the road.

I do think however if UNLV beats UNR this weekend, they could possibly get to 6 wins on the year. Which would be a great accomplishment for the players and coaches both.
If the game plays out like 2 years ago, the Rebels will be painting the cannon scarlet. The team has more confidence than 2 years ago, better personnel and much better coaching. Let's face it, two years ago, the team would have practically given up on the season after the first 3 games but this team has a different mentality; they will continue to fight. I have not watch unr play this year so I don't have a prediction BUT I will say that our Rebels will not fold. And as coach sang:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=941F864E96A834828D54941F864E96A834828D54

Damn it. I see a road trip in my near future. I don't think I can convince the wife to go since last time we went they did not treat the visitors with any dignity. With that said...
UNLV 20 UNR 6
Defense is for reals, folks.

Reactions: khokhol8
Reno is a solid team. Like us they had a difficult early schedule with Arizona at Home and traveling to A&M. From what I have seen they have 2 very solid backs and a big target in Hasaan Henderson. QB play has been up and down but some of that is the opposition they have faced.

I think this will be a tight game and I can see the Rebels pulling this one off. Feel a breakout game for Boyd coming in this one.

Reactions: packblue
If the game plays out like 2 years ago, the Rebels will be painting the cannon scarlet. The team has more confidence than 2 years ago, better personnel and much better coaching. Let's face it, two years ago, the team would have practically given up on the season after the first 3 games but this team has a different mentality; they will continue to fight. I have not watch unr play this year so I don't have a prediction BUT I will say that our Rebels will not fold. And as coach sang:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=941F864E96A834828D54941F864E96A834828D54
I was saying that the game would be back a and forth affair much like the game was 2 years ago.

Not so sure that this team has so much more talent than the team two years ago. There are a number of players still on the ream frim then. Love the players we have now, and think the freshmen class is really solid. But I would argue at this stage in their careers Cornett, Davis and that offensive line were better than where we are right now. This defense is certainly better though. So its probably a wash.

2 years ago we went to a bowl game so I am not sure how this team has more confidence. That is an intangible that would be hard to judge.

Also I don't think there was any quit in that bowl team either. They came back in a couple of games that year. And again there are still a number of players on the team now that played in that game.

If you want to say this team is better coached I am 100% on board.

I love what I see out of this team so far. I just wonder if we are at the point where we are ready to string 2,3 or even 4 wins together. Not saying in any we can't win this game or won't win it. I would not be shocked in any way if we did win it.

Damn it. I see a road trip in my near future. I don't think I can convince the wife to go since last time we went they did not treat the visitors with any dignity. With that said...
UNLV 20 UNR 6
Defense is for reals, folks.
Rebelbuck and I do a road trip every year, but have agreed the one game we will not do is Reno for just that reason.

Oh man this is going to be a good game. I believe because Reno is at home, they pull it out when we go for two and fail. 31-30 (OT) Reno

if defense covers like they did against Idaho State and and offence clicks. The defense needs to defend hassan henderson. I go with 24-42 unlv. U-N-L-V UNLV GO FIGHT WIN

Last edited:
After watching a couple of their games today, they do not have a mobile qb so if our front 4 can put some heat on him, we will win this game going away. However, if we give him time in the pocket, I think that the game will come down to the last possession.
So, my prediction, 42-17 Rebels. I believe that both our offensive and defensive lines are going to dominate but unr will be bailed out with some homer calls which will keep the game close in the first half. Sanchez's boys bring the Cannon back to Vegas and return it to it's original color! UNLV Go Fight Win!!

Our most productive and consistent offensive group is our kicking and punting corps.

After the news today that one of Reno's top defensive tackles is suspended for the game I am changing my prediction to UNLV 27 UNR 24. This is same piece of garbage that literally tried to break Boyko's arm last year. Usually I don't like to call out college kids but what he did in that game was disgusting. He got hit with his second targeting penalty of the season in the Buffalo game. MWC in their explanation for suspension said past transgressions weighed into the decision.

STAY CLASSY RENO.

20 - 34 Rebels

4 TDs go to Campbell, Whitely, Boyd, and Keys. 2 FGs from Bornand, including a 40+ yarder.

Defense continues to force turnovers with 2 interceptions. No turnovers by the Rebs.

I predict Polian's seat will start getting very hot after two consecutive years of losing the cannon, starting with Saturday's contest.

Reactions: GoRebs!
As impressive last weeks win was I don't think we are there yet.
UNR 23
UNLV 13

I hope UNLV pulls this one out but not having a very good feeling, I think we lose in a hard fought close game.

Do you remember a line shifting this much? This isn't Vegas 'fan' money moving this line. Something a little strange about it.
Well seeing how it started it out UNLV +23 in the summer demonstrates how lines are derived from data. A jump from +23 to +12 doesn't mean all that much when a game hadn't been played. That's why I love any sports book willing to set a line so early. Some of these early lines can be exploited when you know the team better than the handicapper.

The movement from +12 to +6.5 is a pretty decent sized like shift within a week. I think the suspension and injuries (starters out) and the score of the ISU are most attributable to all the money being placed on UNLV. I think 'Vegas' money isn't the biggest force in the shift. It's likely off shore betting. If I was an avid sports bettor (with no ties to UNLV), I would circle this game purely on the score UNLV put up on ISU.

Reviewing the UNLV's first 3 games without using just pure statistics shows you that although UNLV didn't win, they had some decent play among some very good teams. The ISU game demonstrates this fact even more so. Combined with UNR's poorer than expected play, bettors are liking UNLV.

I don't think anything is out of sorts in regard to the money going on UNLV. It just demonstrates how much people thought a high school coach would fail miserably at being an FBS coach. We all knew better. Well, at least most of us. Wink, wink.

There are always alot of different factors that ultimately determine the outcome of any football game. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, and so on.
How much difference can a coaching staff make in deciding the outcome of a game? That is the great unknown in today's matchup. If you look at the big picture, what's different between this game and the one two years ago when we won at reNO. Our talent if anything is as good now if not better. Decker is underrated at QB; give him time to throw the ball and he will have a great game. Our defense is much better now than two years ago. These kids have alot of heart, and haven't given up at any time this year (unlike BH coached teams).

Today we find out how much difference a coaching staff can make in a game. The attention to detail, game plan,
preperation, and MOTIVATION. I have met Tony a few times, and you come away feeling really impressed. If you think about his roots in HS football to his lifetime dream of coaching college football you know this is the moment he has waited for. This is always the BIG game of the year for UNLV. There playing for the Cannon, bragging rights for Nevada, and the opportunity to show Las Vegas that they belive in themselves and their coaches.

Chris Ault is long gone. There's a new era in Nevada football. This is the Tony Sanchez era and the UNLV players are going to show everyone today, because Oooh child things are going to get easier!!!

My prediction is this. this ins not is no close game. Each team will try to blow the door off one or the other. UNLV will win this if UNLV come out and plays strong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT