ADVERTISEMENT

Rebels add DT

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
UNLV Football‏Verified account@unlvfootball
Help us officially welcome @kolodgas to the Rebel Football Family! Kolo is a late addition to the 2017 class #UNLVFB

DBMO3HVUAAA9K65.jpg

5:13 PM - 31 May 2017

Nice to get some younger guys at the D Tackle Position. Will help moving forward with Hughes and Fao being seniors. Pretty solid late pick up.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I wonder if he had injuries or something in his senior year? He was listed first team everything after his junior year, but I didn't find much on him for his senior year, and didn't find much on his recruiting. He does have the size, and was a state wrestling champion at heavyweight for 2017.

Wow, he's fast enough to play off of the edge while fat. Imagine how he'll be when the replace that fat for more muscle. He takes a bunch of short steps, but he like a tractor-trailer in low gear off the hike. He looks a little short, though there is nothing wrong with an athletic stout dt. As long as he retains that "lets fight now" attitude, we've got a really good piece after he red shirts.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Could also just be a case of he was waiting on final grades or SAT/ACT scores. Whatever the reason he was picked up late, we got him.

Could also just be a case of he was waiting on final grades or SAT/ACT scores. Whatever the reason he was picked up late, we got him.

Looks like that was the case.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...aduation-unlv-football-scholarship/363809001/

Skyline coach Angelo Paffumi said several top NCAA Division I programs were close to offering, but because he wasn't able to qualify until late, they backed off. "UNLV got a steal," Paffumi said. "Kolo was the best defensive tackle in the state the last two years, hands down. He was our region MVP as a D-lineman, which shows how dominant he was and was voted to the Super 25 team by the coaches."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT