ADVERTISEMENT

Rance Roundy Named MWC Player of the Week!

Lets just hope they can keep it up the rest of the year and make some noise on the national scene. With the amount of HS talent in the valley, there's no reason these kids should be leaving home and UNLV should be a contender every year.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Funny thing is, he had 4 HR's in 4 games. Last year the leading HR hitter had 10 all year I believe.

How much do you think the new bats had to do with that? The new bats were supposed to keep the number of hits down, but it seems to have had the opposite effect, or is it just a testament to the type of players we have this year? Do you see UNLV being more of a power hitting team this year?

It is pretty interesting that with the new bats we've seen pretty big numbers. I don't know how much of that you can attest to the bats or to the big winds over the weekend.

As for a power team, you can't really base it off 4 games but a key stat I see is the team has 53 hits this season, with 49 RBI's. Which means almost every hit is bringing in a run at this point. Last season I think the ratio was about 600 hits to 300 runs.

A big point I also see is the 37 walks in 4 games. Plate discipline is huge at any level. Get guys on base and make things happen. We're on pace for about 481 walks this year, compared to 207 last year. Obviously a big difference.

Again, sample size isn't much and sure Maine isn't the top quality opponent to compare to but 4 wins are always nice and a good way to kick off a new coaches season.
This post was edited on 2/21 2:14 PM by ScoresMan

Is Maine any good at all? Sweeping a 4 game set is great no matter what, but is it anything to get real excited about this early? I really hope it is because I'm rooting for TC bigtime. Obviously I root for anything UNLV, but I really like Chambers. Dude is just likeable for some reason.

Maine was 34-22 last year...their schedule looks a little weak to say the least...scoring 31 runs in four games can be a little bit if a concern for the Rebels...I wasn't at the games but if the wind is blowing out you'll always see big numbers being put up...

I guess I'm so used to seeing the big numbers in college that it didn't jump out at me at first. I know the new bats were supposed to solve that, maybe they will find out the opposite is true somehow and it's not the pitching's fault.... Eh, wishful thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT