ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Coach of The Week

R3belnation

Walk On
Dec 5, 2022
Our own Kevin Kruger and UNLV are starting to get some buzz. He was named as the ESPN Coach of The week.

Meanwhile, Coach Beard has been arrested for FELONY domestic violence.

Which would you rather have?

I am very pleasantly surprised with CKK. Obviously we know now he can coach and motivate . The players he is coaching "were" roleplayers at their old school. No elite scorers. Just good defenders. I dont think any coach could do any better with the players we have now. They look focused. I think he knows the only way we can win is by being very aggressive on the D because the O is somewhat of a struggle. Other than closing out games better. IMO seems like they gamble too much trying to put the !!! on the game. I would love to see what he could do with TOP 25 talent.

Our own Kevin Kruger and UNLV are starting to get some buzz. He was named as the ESPN Coach of The week.

So glad we have Kevin now! UNLV was at its lowest point when Beard left us hanging and the program has been dragged on since that moment! Kevin and with his dad in the stands brings hope and inspiration for Rebel fans waiting for better times. Beard does know how to coach, but there is something about him U can't trust.

Beard’s team is #7 in the country. Is this a serious question?

Reactions: CEERebel
Beard’s team is #7 in the country. Is this a serious question?
It is not a serious question. After all, Beard's "team" will soon have no ranking, as he may soon not have any team for which he is head coach. If this happened with Beard at UNLV, it would have set the program back and hurt expansion possibilities. Be grateful that you have Kruger and not Beard.

I still dont know if we are a Tournament team that can win a game or 2 or even make it. We need a healthy team. We are not very deep for the type of team CKK want to run. If he does take us to the promise land with these kids then he needs a HUGE raise or if we dont someone else will give it to him. We have some solid players. No NBA or NBA fringe type of guys and we are winning. KG might be there in a year or 2 if he keeps on developing.

I still dont know if we are a Tournament team that can win a game or 2 or even make it. We need a healthy team. We are not very deep for the type of team CKK want to run. If he does take us to the promise land with these kids then he needs a HUGE raise or if we dont someone else will give it to him. We have some solid players. No NBA or NBA fringe type of guys and we are winning. KG might be there in a year or 2 if he keeps on developing.
The bad part is that most of our players are already seniors so we'll be starting over against with a mostly new team. Good thing is that every other decent team is in the same boat so it's going to boil down to coaching of course but more importantly imo, getting the right players to transfer here. They've got to mesh and be on the same page as soon as possible.

*So far I think CKK is doing a brilliant job. He and the team probably got pissed when they saw we were expected to finish 6th in the MWC.

Last edited:
The bad part is that most of our players are already seniors so we'll be starting over against with a mostly new team. Good thing is that every other decent team is in the same boat so it's going to boil down to coaching of course but more importantly imo, getting the right players to transfer here. They've got to mesh and be on the same page as soon as possible.

*So far I think CKK is doing a brilliant job. He and the team probably got pissed when they saw we were expected to finish 6th in the MWC.
I would hope so! As for recruiting, Kevin needs guys who can excel in his system and defend and all he needs to add are a couple of “knock down“ scorers like Williams, Hamilton and now Gilbert to go with guys who love defending and you have a tournament team!

Williams was a scorer with awesome defensive potential, would have loved to see him on this team. Hamilton was a terrible defensive player who needed volume to get his points. Look at the box score this year, most are shooting 3-5, 6-8, 8-12, 6-10, etc.. High percentage with lower amounts of shots. Ham was putting up 25 shots a game to get his points. He kept us in a lot of games but there was no balance, unlike this year's team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT