ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC Porter Moser

RebelSoldat

Retired Number
Nov 17, 2012
Virginia
He continues to do a great job at Loyola Chicago and his team has one of the best defenses in the nation according to KenPom. There was some serious interest in him before we hired Otzelberger, although his name didn't inspire much excitement at the time. Thoughts? It'll be interesting to see how his team does in the NCAA of course, but he seems to turn out good performances year in and year out.

He continues to do a great job at Loyola Chicago and his team has one of the best defenses in the nation according to KenPom. There was some serious interest in him before we hired Otzelberger, although his name didn't inspire much excitement at the time. Thoughts? It'll be interesting to see how his team does in the NCAA of course, but he seems to turn out good performances year in and year out.
My remembrance is he flat out told DRF to get lost. No interest.

He seemed like a one hit wonder a few years ago when we went with TJO. At the time I was glad he didn’t come here. He’s been a coach for a quite a while now- 3 teams, 17 seasons, 1 NCAA appearance (it was a final 4). His teams have been better the last 4 years. I guess we’ll see how he does in the tournament this year but in general I think he’s more of a Midwest guy and a MWC job doesn’t interest him. Maybe another deep NCAA run and he could land a low level Big Ten job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT