ADVERTISEMENT

KenPom

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
We've jumped from the 120's to 77. It looks like the lowest rated team in KenPom to make the NCAA tourney last year as an at large was 45th. ( this is because there are 31 automatic selection that go to Conference tourney winners - note: the number don't add to 68 because some conference winners were also at large bids) ) There are currently 5 MWC teams in the top 45. SDSU, CSU, USU, RENO, NM.( NET rankings are similar with these teams in the top 41) We have 6 more games against this set of teams. Win four of them and we're in decent shape, as long as we beat the conference cupcakes.

We've jumped from the 120's to 77. It looks like the lowest rated team in KenPom to make the NCAA tourney last year as an at large was 45th. ( this is because there are 31 automatic selection that go to Conference tourney winners - note: the number don't add to 68 because some conference winners were also at large bids) ) There are currently 5 MWC teams in the top 45. SDSU, CSU, USU, RENO, NM.( NET rankings are similar with these teams in the top 41) We have 6 more games against this set of teams. Win four of them and we're in decent shape, as long as we beat the conference cupcakes.
5 quad 1 games left in the season. The UNM win could become quad 1 at the rate they are going currently.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
5 quad 1 games left in the season. The UNM win could become quad 1 at the rate they are going currently.

Looks like the UNM just became a quad 1 win. If you trust this site. that is.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
imagine if we had beat Utah State -

maybe the difference between an at large bid or NOT -

I'd hate for it to come down to that -
The imagine/what if game is fun.

What if LJ launched the three instead of passing it off to Hunt for a late desperation shot?

We probably have at least 5-6 more final fours under our belt, a best program of all time, conference championships galore, NBA players, packed Mack, plenty of money to put where football is now back in the early 2000’s … sweltering community pride and support, can you imagine the players pulled from Findlay? The whole thing would have been a monster that feeds itself.

Reactions: vegas50
I think you'll have a better chance of hitting royal flush at a 7-Eleven then Rebs get an at large
I know if we had won that game against USU - our odds would be a lot better _

Still you're right - but 3 in row in March isnt out of the question - They are showing signs of life - keeping up the faith and hope

I know if we had won that game against USU - our odds would be a lot better _

Still you're right - but 3 in row in March isnt out of the question - They are showing signs of life - keeping up the faith and hope
An upset of SDSU by another team in the MWCT isn’t out of the question. It would make the path a whole lot more probable. We just struggle with SDSU.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
I am happy they are now playing better still ugly a lot of times, but there is 1% chance we get an at large bid. I won’t say zero because there might be a slight chance if we won out and lost in the finals or maybe lost twice total the rest of the way. Even then teams with 2 quad 4 losses and a bunch of lower level wins do not make the tournament. UNLV doing well would just expose the MWC for the OOC fraud it was.

The imagine/what if game is fun.

What if LJ launched the three instead of passing it off to Hunt for a late desperation shot?

We probably have at least 5-6 more final fours under our belt, a best program of all time, conference championships galore, NBA players, packed Mack, plenty of money to put where football is now back in the early 2000’s … sweltering community pride and support, can you imagine the players pulled from Findlay? The whole thing would have been a monster that feeds itself.
He would have made it too…

Someone tell Larry Johnson and Anderson Hunt to sell women’s jerseys. They don’t make them. Those would sell.

What if of Rebel Worlds..

Dude let’s just go CIT and call it a night.
I think you'll have a better chance of hitting royal flush at a 7-Eleven then Rebs get an at large
dude any degenerate gambler knows it’s all about the 4 of a kinds with the kicker

Reactions: 1Tripoda
If the two losses are tier 1. But has there been an at-large team with 2 quad 4 losses?
The only 'positive' was that those losses were early in the year. If unlv can avoid any further damaging losses, and have a series of good wins, then it may be able to be overlooked.

Back in the day the NCAA would award teams that finish the year with a winning streak. Not sure that’s the case anymore?
It helps that the MWC is a lot better overall this year than last year. When is the last time the MWC had 3 teams all ranked at the same time if ever?

If the two losses are tier 1. But has there been an at-large team with 2 quad 4 losses?
Has there been a snub with 5+ tier 1 wins and a winning record in tier 1?

Southern loss is aging a bit better. They did beat a ranked miss state and currently in the 100's. Though that is likely to drop as they get into league play. Right now the LMU is the worst loss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT